Former president says he's running for the last time

Originally published at: Former president says he's running for the last time - Boing Boing

5 Likes

Lies No GIF

28 Likes

If he dictator then no need to run again amirite?

15 Likes

I’m not a doctor or his doctor; but I’m less than entirely convinced that Trump not doing something 4 years from now will be a matter of him making a decision.

He won’t necessarily be dead; but our ability to stem, much less reverse, neurological decline is pretty feeble compared to our ability to do geriatric life support; so ‘not dead’ might not be helping him much.

14 Likes

Well, given that he promised that if he lost to Biden in 2020 “you’ll never see me again,” I’m not putting much stock in this one.

21 Likes

Image: Midjourney

Huh.

3 Likes

yethh, notice that real ketchup (catsup?) isn’t translucent such that you can see the wall-paper pattern through it. (the robot revolution will be concluded only when the specified condiments are properly depicted)

in passing (out): fully expect that ‘flatulent orange bio-slurry’ will be the republican nominee in 2028.

4 Likes

Ai very sparingly these days, for me, but alas I could find no appropriate stock art of “wall ketchup sliding toward disintegrated Big Macs” etc.

The key problems were 1) it really did not want to portray the Big Mac as in any way structurally unsound, 2) it really wanted there to be an inordinately large volume of ketchup, 3) it seemed very much cognizant (!) of the possibility I was trying to trick it into depicting an assassination

14 Likes

I we weren’t in the process of trying to sell our house, I would stage such a photo for you and let you have it for free.

11 Likes

Your chance to end up on one of those “horrors of zillow” type accounts

14 Likes

Unfortunately, since we’re already under contract to buy a house, I really can’t afford to do anything like that. Otherwise, it would be totally worth it to get on that list.

9 Likes

I thought maybe he was trying to spur his supporters on: this is it, last chance, you better make me emperor or I’m leaving for good.

5 Likes

He said that in 2020. Hopefully, one way or another, it will work out that his statement is true…

6 Likes

The burger was probably thrown against the wall because 1) too much lettuce and 2) not sufficiently “well done”

3 Likes

I believe it (rather than him), despite the fact that he said it. Is the oldest ever candidate, undergoing clear cognitive decline, going to go through a third campaign four years from now, after having his ego damaged twice already and losing control of the MAGA movement, while fighting a series of legal battles (that might put him under house arrest, if nothing else) and with a string of his own former supporters trying to kill him (because I don’t think those attempts will be the last)?

He’ll probably want to, but he won’t be able to.

3 Likes

T’aint no ketchup on a Big Mac, McGee.

2 Likes
4 Likes

As long as he’s alive, he’s going to be running for the White House. His ego and his desire to fundraise off his worshipers demand it.

It’s entirely possible he’ll be running after he dies, if the GOP can get a halfway decent AI emulator up and running…

4 Likes

Of course, if he wins, he’ll avoid stepping down until he dies.

3 Likes

Are you sure that’s not what’s happening now?

6 Likes