"Exhausted" Donald Trump breaks down — cancels yet another event today

Originally published at: "Exhausted" Donald Trump breaks down — cancels yet another event today - Boing Boing

13 Likes

29 Likes

Hey, go easy on the guy. That two hours at McDonalds was the hardest work he’s ever done.

41 Likes

If he were running against himself, he’d have nicknamed himself “Sleepy Don” by now.

Actually, at moments it seems like he really is running against himself. Between the impromptu “let me play you my mixtape” event and rambling about someone else’s junk, you could be forgiven for wondering if he’s trying to throw the whole election. The irony is that it might not be possible: the fact that he’s more obviously unsuitable for the job with every passing day only seems to increase the enthusiasm of his supporters.

I don’t think he is actually trying to lose the election. He knows that if he does, he runs a real risk of going to jail for the rest of his life. That’s a strong incentive to win. Still, it’s legitimate to ask what he’d do differently if he was trying to lose.

31 Likes

I loved how nobody at the drive through actually placed an order. They were simply instructed to accept whatever he handed them, which is exactly how they became Trumpers in the first place.

45 Likes

I’ve watched a few people I love go through dementia. I’m not saying he has dementia, but he sure is reminding me of some bad days. So I’m not wondering if he’s trying to throw the election. I’m assuming he thinks everything is fine.

29 Likes

The Biden economy never ceases to amaze me. It’s doing so well that convicted felons out on bail are able to get temporary work in fast food.

30 Likes

Specifically around 3:25, though the whole scene is powerful.

So who in Trump’s circle should we ask “Don’t you think he looks tired?”

15 Likes

Aww. Poor twisted baby monster.

12 Likes

25 Likes

Given his trajectory, I’ve imagined his fate being similar to the end of the film Death Becomes Her. Somewhere there’s a stairway with his name on it.

12 Likes

It’s the fatal feature of his profound narcissism: He believes that anything that oozes out of his mouth is gold.

10 Likes

Odd coincidence: I ordered that movie and it came in today. Haven’t watched it in a while.

10 Likes

That bodes very well. Watch it on the 5th next month. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

What is concerning is the cultists who will keep chugging the Kool Aid no matter what they see, read or hear.

12 Likes

Maybe he should brings his blankey with him in case he needs a nap.

8 Likes

The GOP thought they could ride a tiger by embracing Trump and his cult of personality, but they lost control.

I think Trump, too has lost any control he might have had on his cultists. He’s along for the ride, and I think that if he actually tried to get rid of the deplorables or make some significant change of direction (little or no chance of both, I know) they would turn on him.

Like the aliens in Forbidden Planet, Republicans and Trump have unleashed the Monsters from Id.

17 Likes

He has mentioned losing. I get the feeling he thinks it’s possible to flee and retire elsewhere. :woman_shrugging:t4:

19 Likes

And at other moments it seems like he thinks he has already won the election and parties like it’s, say 1989 in Studio 54.

8 Likes

Maybe I’m just overestimating what team psychopharmacology can actually manage; but it seems a little surprising that someone who has to have access to at least one customer service oriented doctor is nodding off in public when it counts.

Age related cognitive decline is not something you are going to beat; but fatigue, especially if you only need to keep it going through the 5th, seems like something that you could really take the edge off with a potentially ill-advised but legal and not license-ending cocktail of modafinil and one or more off-label picks from the ADHD/Executive function disorder shelf.

8 Likes