Former president says he's running for the last time

He’ll be back… not a serious contender of course, but he’ll try - there will STILL be rubes dumb enough to donate to his campaign. he’s keeping the lights on by way of pilfering donations… why give it up? There’s a grift that can keep on keeping on.

However, with sentencing and more trials, more convictions, there would be some felony & election rules that that could get in the way. He’ll probably put Don Jr. out front as a proxy and be the king-maker in the shadows.

4 Likes

We need to count his fingers and teeth, and see if his eyes are a weird shape!

But that might also mean he’s a Lovecraftian abomination…

4 Likes

After this election he’s either going to be in prison or will flee the country.

1 Like

This feels like a sales tactic. You need to buy now, you won’t get another chance. The fact that he’s said so before is a good indication of that too. If Trump doesn’t run in 2028, it will be because nature or the law stopped him.

4 Likes

There is on his Big Mac.

4 Likes

Being president is supposed to age you radically from the stress. But only if you actually do any work.

4 Likes

As does his narrative for his cultists of “Anything They (You know who They are!) try to do to me in a court of law is election interference.”

If he loses, once President Harris is inaugurated (if not before), I fully expect him to be in a non-extradition country (assuming the Secret Service has not already been instructed by Judge Merchan not to let him leave the country) or to file paperwork to be a candidate for the Presidency in 2028.

3 Likes

Personally, I think it’s less sales tactic, more he is unable to conceive of a world where he loses this election. So the only answer is no, he won’t be running.

2 Likes

Why don’t we ask his master?

Black And White Power GIF by xponentialdesign

3 Likes

Youll Be Back Donald Trump GIF by Chris Mann

1 Like

Because he will be spending the rest of his life in prison when he loses.

I owe @G-love a coke

Party Soccer GIF by Coca-Cola

2 Likes

Fourth (fifth if we count 2000). Meanwhile he’s never won the popular vote.

ETA: He’s a perennial candidate.

I thought someone had alluded to this (i.e. besides the continuing grift) upthread, but I guess it was elsewhere:

2 Likes

Yeah, the stress of doing the job (and having long work hours) is aging - but Trump didn’t do the job, didn’t alter his work patterns (doing very little even when he wasn’t golfing), and didn’t care about the job outside of gratifying his own ego. Which probably meant it was actually refreshing for him.

Yeah, but the third of a string of failures, should he lose this next election. The demoralizing effects would have an impact on his ego. Easier to bathe in the adulation of the crowds at Mar-a-Lago.

2 Likes

Except he did lose an election and while he certainly tells lies otherwise, the same way he does about everything right down to golf games, I don’t think there’s any real reason to question that he knows it.

2 Likes

It’s hard to imagine how he’d win over any of the big donors for 2028 considering he’d be A) 12 years older than he was when he first set the record for “oldest person elected POTUS ever” and B) responsible for costing his party the White House for two consective elections.

Sure, he’ll still have his cultists four years from now, even though he’ll be even farther down the road to crazytown than he is today. But the cultists can only carry him so far; he still needs to convince certain power players that he’s got a shot at winning if he wants their money and their backing.

2 Likes

Give me your money or I will run as a third party candidate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.