Trump "jokes" that he will leave country if he loses

There’s a reason he changed his residency to Florida.

Prepping for asset and property seizures.

He’ll be holed up in Mar a Lago until it’s time for his state funeral.

4 Likes

Not so.

22 Likes

Burkina Faso? The Disputed Zone?

Out of those I think I’d probably say Montenegro is the nicest, but also the least likely for those laws to last the rest of Trump’s life and almost certainly not the life of his kids. Maybe because he’s so Christian the Vatican will take him in?

2 Likes

GoFundMe to pay for the jet fuel.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I had the same thought. It’s fun to imagine him ending up in what he thinks of as a “shithole country,” for obvious schadenfreude reasons. Or the Vatican for different reasons. (“Buongiorno, Donald! Let’s review your catechism homework from last night.”)

But the obvious choice is China. Russia, well, it’d be a bit of a PR coup for them to get him, but that kind of pales next to the LITERAL coup they already accomplished.

In China, though, he’d be a national hero. Or at least he’d be a hero to the Xi regime. No single person has done more to solidify an individual’s hold on power in China since the Han dynasty.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Nah. Ex-presidents can refuse it, and fleeing the country probably counts as refusal. Besides, if some other country did shelter him, they probably wouldn’t let armed U.S. government employees establish a perimeter around him.

Anyway, Secret Service protection isn’t really for the benefit of the protectees. It’s to protect the country. Taking Jimmy Carter hostage would be a great way to poke the U.S. in the eye, so we don’t make it easy for people to do that. Once you’ve got a criminal ex-president on the lam, the damage is basically done.

7 Likes

Putin will give him resources to sow discord from Russia. Poor exiled tRump, had to flee corruption in the U.S., he commands his army of cultists to rise up and “take back” (overthrow) their government (please provide your bank account number to the tRump-in-Exile Organization to fund the message).

edit: grammar

4 Likes

300px-Huck_Finn_Travelling_by_Rail

I say we run him out on a rail - to the gulf of Mexico

3 Likes

Does anyone know the timelines on how long it will take from 12:00 on January 20th to having a court declare him a flight risk? What would it take to stop him leaving the country to avoid facing charges?

I suppose he may just choose, as his last act as President to get flown out on Air Force One. It wouldn’t even be fly by night. It’s been a long time since they thought pretending to do the right thing was important. He could just say he’s leaving to avoid the witch hunt and fly out before inauguration day.

3 Likes

I love how the only thing in this world that seems to get to Italian-American Republicans is if they don’t get to meet the Pope.

4 Likes

23 Likes

Interesting (if overly long) story. Pranks from outgoing administrations are pretty normal from what I understand - and it’s generally pretty mild stuff. I remember the apocryphal story about the missing W keys but I never realized it blew up into such a scandal.

I am not all all surprised that much of the “vandalism” just ended up being normal wear and tear. Any time I move into a new office or workspace it’s pretty trashed within a few months, and I can’t imagine what 8 years would do to a workplace.

Trump on the other hand when he goes I can imagine scenes right out of a foreclosure sale: missing appliances, moldings and wainscoting, wall plates, light fixtures, etc. Anything not nailed down, or they can rip off the walls and sell on eBay for a profit will be fair game.

10 Likes

No. Just no. Fuck him leaving the country and getting away with all this. He stays and faces the fucking music.

18 Likes

In a one-bedroom walk-up Stalin-era apartment in Vladivostok.

ETA: Could he see Alaska from there?

10 Likes

We do have extradition with Kosovo… Given our role in helping them gain independence, it would be weird if we did not…

A complete list here:

12 Likes

The prison camp at Guantanamo should not be allowed the privilege of justifying itself on Trump’s account. It should be closed down.

13 Likes

14 Likes

It think this is a really likely scenario. He could easily setup that new TV/Video/Social Network he was wanting to start in the first place and base it in Russia for “Freedom of Speech” reasons. It would soon become The Place to be seen if you’re a rising Fascist star.

2 Likes