Trump Jr. calls for "total war" over election

Somebody grab the swords and sandals!!

9 Likes

Ah, a citation from the classics. Of fascism.

11 Likes

Reminds me of this narration from a Stan Ridgway song…

And as Bert walked out on the sidewalk, ten floors up, two men lost control of a hoist at just the right time, and a big Steinway grand flattened Bert like a dime. And as a crowd gathered 'round and asked, what was his name? and could it be the chicken or the egg to blame? Well, the only thing heard was that all things considered, he really couldn’t complain.

So if you’re a loser in life and your gun’s out of ammo, just remember this story about Bert and the piano. 'Cause if you can’t string the bow and you’re clean out of resin, someone may have planned for you a music lesson. So keep your eyes to the sky, it could be a brand name, and remember all things considered, you really can’t complain…

12 Likes

Normally when people cry “Treason!” it’s overblown, because it doesn’t satisfy the definition of treason given in Article 3 Section 3 of the Constitution.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open court.

I think we need to place Donald Trump Jr. under citizens’ arrest for actually satisfying the condition required to be charged with treason against the United States, at least if he continues to call for war when (hopefully) Joe Biden wins the Presidency.

18 Likes

Yeah. The irony, it burns.

Trump is speaking right now. Its is a trainwreck.

He is slurring his speech and just rambling that counting mail in votes are really really bad for him.

13 Likes

There is no way Don Jr is as intelligent as a fern.

17 Likes

Eh, he can talk, so maybe somewhere around a particularly stupid parrot?

5 Likes

He is telling lie after lie after lie. Rambling on and on and on. This is designed to be a ‘tsunami’ of ‘offence’ his ‘base’ can be sufficiently outraged about that it will take action. And if not, he is laying groundwork for forever claiming it was all rigged against him and stolen from him. The lies he told in advance about mail-in voting are now, he claims, proved true, as he lies about it again. I am hoping a safe will fall from the sky, right now.

ETA he just stopped. Thank dog!

FETA and his demeanour was very low key, for him. Dare I get the impression he knows it is over and is laying his excuses out now? The lack of energy and aggression and bluster was very noticeable. As I type this, BBC talking heads are concluding the same.

16 Likes

It definitely came off as something written under the influence of something. He was too chickenshit to respond to the press and just slithered away.

For once GOP state officials are growing a spine, and telling him to buzz off. Nobody wants to claim responsibility for a rigged election with everyone watching. Even Fox News is sort of turning on him.
“We haven’t seen the evidence of the fraud the president is alleging”

13 Likes

I’m not entirely sure about that, but I get why you say it. I suspect the whole thing was his attempt to get his losing retaliation/justification in early. The ramble about how wonderful all his donors were and who they were kind of gave it away, IMHO. If he was under the influence of anything it was probably lack of sleep.

Talking of which - I must go to bed. G’night.

8 Likes

Is Don Jr a construct, made by Putin?

4 Likes

Nah, he’s just an empty vessel for malignant spirits to possess. Like a golem.

14 Likes

He’s finally tapering off the dexamethasone that has kept him afloat for three weeks.

23 Likes

Golems are constructs in D&D and Pathfinder. I don’t know about golems in other roleplaying settings.

5 Likes
13 Likes

There is also the old Central European legend

8 Likes

They are more concerned about dead voters than electing dead guys into office.

13 Likes

It was heartwarming to hear Trump assure us he had no big money donors, only regular old (white) folks like farmers and factory workers and militiamen and the Koch machine–oops, slip of the tongue.

10 Likes

I love that LP so much!

3 Likes