Trump Jr. calls for "total war" over election

I’ll admit I don’t know much about Cuban-American politics. My statement was founded in my complete lack of understanding of how anyone brown could support him.

2 Likes

Well. Just in my opinion…
I think it has something to do with experience.
He is pledging his Name.

From Wikipedia

Given that there’s never been a situation where there’s been a vacancy and there hasn’t been a VP…

Seems like a rather petty thing to squabble about, though given the childish bullshit by many of those further to the right than Obama for 8 years… (dijongate, tansuitgate, benghazigate)

EDIT: Regarding Benghazi, I have yet to see the far-right actually say what law was broken or what was done wrong. I’ll concede that there was a tragic, perhaps avoidable loss of American lives, and the Obama administration initially misled the public, but if that was a crime, how many documented lies is Agent Orange up to so far? I think it was over 10k years ago at this point…

1 Like

Today is the 9th of November. We remember those who have been murdered, slaughtered, tortured. We remember this who suffered. We remember the voiceless, we remember the victims.

We also remember the majority of people who stood there and did nothing. We remember those who did something, who denounced their neighbours, who threw stones into windows, who burned temples.

I remember my grandfather, who went to war being eighteen, and as far as I know most have been at least one of those who did nothing to stop the pogroms, to stop the Shoa, to stop the war. If he wasn’t involved. I cannot ask anyone any more. The witnesses are all gone.

Their memories live in my heart, and when I see neofascist like Trump, like Gauland and von Storch, fear for the one promise, for the one obligation we all have, to be broken.

Never again.

13 Likes

Y’all have done a lot to show the world how reunification can work.
:heart:

4 Likes

A little surprising, to be honest. The vice presidency has often been vacant, especially after the death of the President. Sometimes the VP dies in office, and is never replaced. Agnew resigned, but that came after the 25th amendment was ratified

According to VEEP, Jonah Ryan was the only vice president actually removed from office, so…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.