Trump lawyer Alina Habba gets schooled and scolded by judge: "The argument is over!"

Originally published at: Trump lawyer Alina Habba gets schooled and scolded by judge: "The argument is over!" - Boing Boing

7 Likes

This is the kind of lawyer you end up with when you have a reputation for not paying or listening to your lawyers.

26 Likes

Basically, she (and the others) take the job because they hope it will to something bigger.

Unfortunately for them, it tends to be bigger fine and embarrassment, but they keep hoping!

19 Likes

Basically, then, the senile old jerk is getting the lawyer equivalent of the artist who works “for exposure”.

With the same results.

17 Likes

Trump is planning on attending his campaign rally, also scheduled on the same day as the funeral. If he mentions it, he’ll probably say it’s what his MIL would have wanted.

ETA: dead person looking down and smiling at Trump is one of his things, like big strong teary men who thank him and call him sir.

9 Likes

And it would be true: she most likely did not want him at her funeral. Who wants an old fake millionaire who smells worse than an unembalmed corpse hogging the attention?
Republican voters, it seems

17 Likes

Every lawyer gets bench-slapped from time to time – no real shame in it – but try not to get bench-slapped for something this profoundly stupid.

7 Likes

This isn’t actually stupidity, it’s a cynical strategy to use the judicial system to score political points. They want the soundbite of the angry judge scolding the waif lawyer or Trump himself.

I don’t know what the right answer is, but if the lawyers can be sanctioned and/or disbarred, they should be.

3 Likes

Habba, “I want to adjourn the trial for one day.”
Kaplan, “The trial is over. This is sentencing.”

10 Likes

That’s essentially what he tells anyone he stiffs. “When people find out you worked for me you’ll make 10x what I would have paid you.” He’s been doing that for decades.

5 Likes

FWIW, it’s incredibly hard to get disbarred for merely behaving like an idiot in Court. I’m guessing that 95% disbarments come from actually stealing your clients money.

9 Likes

Just a reminder of who she really is:

9 Likes

Oh. He so wants to attend the funeral of someone who benefitted from chain immigration. I guess he’s coming around. /s

4 Likes

season 1 episode 3 GIF by Portlandia

4 Likes

If it was really a soundbyte they were after then they didn’t really think this through since there aren’t any recording devices allowed in that courtroom.

3 Likes

He’s playing the victim card like a champ.

2 Likes

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.