Fake Trump message throwing Alina Habba under the bus is all too realistic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/28/fake-trump-social-message-looks-real.html

7 Likes

Ha Ha Reaction GIF by WWE

You love to see it…

20 Likes

Of course the irony is if Trump had hired a competent lawyer, they would have told him these things.

For her sake, I sure hope Habba was smart enough to get hired on retainer.

10 Likes

Doubt Reaction GIF

I’m guessing she’s young, inexperienced, and possibly impressed enough by Trump to not have done that and to have just accepted the gig because she thought it would lead to better things down the road…

16 Likes

Sadly for her, she wasn’t exposed as a secretly brilliant attorney or anything. I’m not sure how much this will help her outside of a very limited potential clientele.

15 Likes

12 Likes

I think most of Trump’s lawyers are getting paid by Trump’s PACs these days rather than Trump himself. Which is clearly the smarter way to do it if you’re dumb enough to take on Trump as a client in the first place.

11 Likes

Maybe I give her too much credit but I’ve always assumed her goal was to get hired by Fox News as a legal consultant making 100s of thousands or millions a year. She’s clearly not a very good lawyer so she can’t make much that way, but MAGA will probably pay to hear her uninformed opinions on legal issues.

11 Likes

Or dumb enough to donate to one of his PACs.

6 Likes

Oh, I’m sure she thought that she was and probably still does, despite the fact that she utterly failed…

maybe not now…

9 Likes

Yeah, introspection and the ability to accept blame do not appear to be skills she possesses.

8 Likes

which ironically was probably part of why Trump hired her… that and she’s young and conventionally attractive.

13 Likes

You Got It Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

10 Likes

I’m thinking it’s more that last part than anything else.

7 Likes

As long as that screenshot’s not from r/confidentlyincorrect…

Maybe next time I’ll choose a law firm and lawyer that has some more practical experience in high ticket litigation.

That’s swell Donnie, cause there will be a next time! (and a next, and a next…)

7 Likes

I can’t see how that bus is running at all. It must be about 30 feet off the ground by now.

4 Likes

He’s never going to get the best lawyers because the best lawyers will tell their client what the client needs to know instead of what the client wants to hear.

In the E. Jean Carrol case that would have been something along the lines of “keep your fucking mouth shut and take the $5 Million loss or it’s going to cost you a helluva lot more.” But he doesn’t want a lawyer who would give him that kind of advice, and a lawyer who would give that kind of advice wouldn’t want someone like Trump for a client.

17 Likes

So, VP material then? Look out Stefanik, you’ve got competition!

4 Likes

Assuming her Wikipedia page is correct, she’s neither particularly experienced or inexperienced. It appears her specialty is Lawfare, and had had various success getting payments from defendants who either didn’t have the resources to fight, or decided it would be cheaper to settle than litigate. She seems to lose against those who are willing to fight.

She also very specifically chased Trump as a client , joining his Bedminster, NJ club in 2019. I think she specifically knew his tastes in women and predilection for SLAP suits, and figured she could make a living there.

I have no idea how much of her incompetence at trial was her not knowing the process, and how much was her client deciding he wanted her to do something for whatever reason.

She deserves all the ridicule, scorn, and sanctions she gets. And Drumfph deserves the shellacking as well.

Now I’ve got a two hour shower to take in order to feel clean again.

13 Likes