Trump lawyer moves to disqualify Judge Kaplan in courtroom today (but fails miserably)

Originally published at: Trump lawyer moves to disqualify judge in courtroom

6 Likes

LOL, the court just took a recess because Trumpy’s lawyer, Alina Habba didn’t know how to introduce evidence in a trial.

“Judge Kaplan: No, we are not going to read out loud a document not yet in evidence. We are going to take a break right here to 3:30 and you’re going to refresh your memory about how you get a document in.”

All the best people!

31 Likes

If I had a case against a billionaire with access to the world’s greatest lawyers who eat the little guy for lunch I would be terrified, intimidated, and probably drop my lawsuit.

But it seems when you go up against his lawyers you just need a first year law student.

How embarrassing, how can his lawyers ever get hired by any major client after representing him?

15 Likes

An 11th-hour motion questioning the qualifications, impartiality and ethics of the judge who is responsible for your client’s fate?

This is the legal version of tugging on Superman’s cape.

17 Likes

Need citation for both. Deadbeat paper billionaire and frivolous lawsuits are nothing to brag about. I only aware he brings the best people, which is objectively against reality.

7 Likes

He lost his access to the best lawyers when he started making a habit of not paying them.

21 Likes

I imagine Ms. Habba is angling for a position on Fox. The other lawyers…who knows? Maybe they are just stupid. In any case, if they didn’t receive payment in advance, I’ll enjoy watching them try to squeeze a few seeds out of the pumpkin’s head.

9 Likes

For Attorney General in the mythical trump regime part duh more likely.

6 Likes

If Donald Trump weren’t 77 years old, I would predict Alina Habba was auditioning to be wife number four. She’s appeared with him recently at several events where you’d expect Melania to show up, but Melania has been conspicuously absent.

8 Likes

She sits next to him with soulless unblinking shark eyes which can only mean that she’s seen him naked.

10 Likes

Puke Emoji. Stat!
:nauseated_face:

7 Likes

Google says Trump’s net worth is $2½ billion

The burden of proof seems to be on the deniers

3 Likes

… there is no upper limit for those guys

9 Likes

I thought that the 1000-yeard stare was simply her contemplating her recent life choices (e.g., career moves, choice of client etc.). But yeah, that tracks.

6 Likes

Sez Rupert’s new bride:

Like Rupert, my husband was a businessman… so I speak Rupert’s language. We share the same beliefs."

Well, let the punishment fit the crime, I guess.

4 Likes

We need that puke emoji, stat!!!

:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Hmm, that’s pretty good. Mind if I nick it?

2 Likes

I can’t imagine being Mrs. Trump the 4th would be more lucrative than being a lawyer. I think a Fox News job, or a position in the Trump Administration would be more likely goals for her.

5 Likes

Have at it - I doubt I came up with it in the 1st place.

2 Likes

An accidental portmanteau? If I’ve got that right?
Anyways, a worthy turn of phrase, so thanks.

1 Like