Oops! Donald Trump lawyer uttered Freudian slip: "He doesn't do...what's right"

Originally published at: Oops! Donald Trump lawyer uttered Freudian slip: "He doesn't do…what's right" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

No, they don’t. They can apply some fucking moral character that they’re always crowing about anyway and do what is right even if it makes them unpopular. Even if they lack individual power they can use their position to influence others to do what is right. They can set a damned example.

Yes, that’s what makes us nervous. He doesn’t do what is popular OR right… in fact, sometimes he breaks the law to do things that are unpopular AND wrong…

she has absolutely identified the problem here.

Sounds like he has exactly the lawyer he deserves.

20 Likes

Accurate or not I don’t think Trump is going to appreciate the suggestion that his actions are unpopular either.

16 Likes

Michael Kinsley defined as a gaffe as when a politician accidentally tells the truth

7 Likes

Despite the slip-up, Habba appears to be the most competent lawyer he’s ever worked with; faint praise, I know. She also seems to have been with him longer than anyone else.

Also, before I get ripped here, “competent” ≠ “ethical” or “credible”

5 Likes

I am supposing that as I am typing this that that lawyer critter has already been fired.

3 Likes

Don’t anyone burn me for this but she’s a reasonably attractive young woman; of course TFG is going to keep her around.

3 Likes

So many ways to end that sentence.

He doesn’t do…anything useful.

…empathy.

… logical reasoning.

…reading.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s definitely a pattern in the women he hires. And he never misses an opportunity to list attractiveness among someone’s qualifications. He is a profoundly shallow person.

8 Likes

That’s what’s great about this. Hopefully he fires her for it, leaving him with even less competent counsel.

4 Likes

He just doesn’t do, period.

4 Likes

Indeed.

I don’t have the details, but I remember about a year ago hearing her name for the first time, with a string of genuine fuck-ups attached. I only recently learned that she still works for him, and I thought “Wow. Keeping her hired is a … [search for right adjective] … courageous move.” She doesn’t seem to have raised her game.

And she’s also the most competent lawyer he’s worked with.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.