Fake Trump message throwing Alina Habba under the bus is all too realistic

Of course the chance of the firm choosing him is next to nil. He’s stuck with this type of bonehead.

3 Likes

I think her lack of experience was obvious from her performance in court, too.

12 Likes

Trump is the bus.

9 Likes

I’m not sure they’ll believe his PACs will pay them, either. His reputation turns off a lot of qualified professionals. He’s proven to be uncontrollable, even by a judge. Not a lot of lawyers want that kind of drama.

7 Likes

I guess for some weird subset of lawyers, they’d see the drama as an asset (like Habba), because they’re thinking it will benefit them to have such a high profile client. But as you note, he’s pretty out of control…

7 Likes

perhaps we can think of this in a different light and congratulate habba for work well done.

8 Likes

A lot was Habba’s stunning incompetence. A whole lot. She messed up really basic shit on the regular. Things she could have discovered by reading a first year law student book on civil procedure

16 Likes

I think the trump post may be fake. I haven’t seen it anywhere else and looked (for the first time ever) at “truth social” and it wasn’t there.

5 Likes

Oh My God Omg GIF

But… but… she was hired by a former president… /s

8 Likes

All the layers in the internets were a constant stream of

youtube oh no you didnt GIF

And

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

4 Likes

Now I want a sandwich and a beer.

7 Likes

I also checked his feed and it wasn’t there. Once again, so much is wrong with that guy without doing what the right continues to accuse the left of, making stuff up.

18 Likes

I suspect this is the answer

Not as much of an advantage as she might have thought, eh?

10 Likes

To be fair; she is incompetent, and also to be fair, if the Trump post is real, that is a mild roasting compared to what everyone else is saying about her.

5 Likes

The other tell is that it’s uncharacteristically kind. I mean, not by human standards, but it’d be more in keeping with his standards that he would call her a RINO, and demand that she pay the $83 million herself.

9 Likes

Now that I give it a 2nd look, the post does lack a certain gaudiness we’re too familiar with :thinking:

10 Likes

I assume anyone working for Trump at this point is either a dedicated MAGAt and/or is looking to fleece dedicated MAGAts, and either way, I imagine her spectacularly incompetent performance in this case hurts her. (Her loyalty to the cause will probably get her a few gigs by desperate MAGAts, but I suspect overall this whole thing will have worked against her career.)

It looks like the Trump statement is fake (I thought it was way too coherent to be real), but all the very public media discussions about how she was utterly incompetent forces Trump to do one of two things, because it made him look like a loser to have hired one: either keep with his current strategy of just pretending it wasn’t his lawyer at all who was the issue (and it’s actually all down to the unfair courts and conspiracies), or throw her under the bus (and act like he was never the one to have hired her in the first place). I suspect, unless he’s forced, he’ll just keep pretending he’s being persecuted, because throwing her under the bus doesn’t advance his delusional narratives.

Yeah, he hires entirely based on their willingness to cater to Trump and what he wants (e.g. actively undermining his own case) and to performatively engage in Trump narratives while in court, which is a separate skill from - and works contrary to - being a good lawyer. You can make a case or you can create a performance about how the court is treating Trump really unfairly and it’s all political persecution (when it definitely isn’t) and he really won the election, but you can’t do both.

Yeah, besides the uncharacteristic coherence, Trump doesn’t gently throw people under the bus, no matter how loyal they are. It’s always full-on attack mode.

8 Likes

Are you saying that she told Chrump that he’d only be “serving 10 days”? :laughing:

I’m glad it’s fake- maybe there’s still a chance for the best possible scenario, Trump choosing to represent himself in court. :laughing:

2 Likes

I was thinking she was trying out for future ex-wife.

Or a gig on Fox/NewsMax/OAN.

4 Likes