Trump lies: 'I can’t help it if you didn’t see me' wear face mask on Arizona PPE factory tour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/06/trump-lies-i-cant-help-i.html

“I put a mask on—yeah… I can’t help it if you didn’t see me.” — Trump

3 Likes

So I guess we’re in “Literal reenactment of The Emperor’s New Clothes” territory now.

38 Likes

Okay even if he did (he didn’t) put on a mask for some period of time the problem is that he wasn’t wearing one at all from what we have seen. Why bother asking the man to cooperate his obvious misdoings.

7 Likes

"I had it on back — backstage."

Nobody but Trump would ever use that term regarding a factory tour. Nobody.

28 Likes

I say let the tough guy get the virus already.

9 Likes

“Who you gonna believe, me or your lyin’ eyes?”

17 Likes

“I can’t help it if you don’t see what I want you to see. All I can do is call you a filthy liar.”

6 Likes

Pfff. We should be so lucky. The guy’s going to eat cheeseburgers and drink Diet Coke in perfect health until he’s 100.

2 Likes

Next up, “Trump reelected after voters tire of media that can’t stop obsessing over masks”

2 Likes

After new video is released showing that Trump did not have the mask on backstage, White House Strategic Gaslighting Director Kellyanne Conway said, “When the President said that he had it on back, he meant that the mask was protecting his glorious orange mullet. You couldn’t see the mask when he was wearing it because he was facing the camera.”

4 Likes

Given that his White House doctor tried to smuggle vegetables into his diet by hiding them in his potatoes (like trying to give a dog a pill), I’m guessing he actually had some concerns about Trump’s health.

6 Likes

Hmm. Maybe lizard-people are immune? The other lizard-people keep trying to get him to play along to keep up the pretense, but he’s just too damned lazy.

“I’ll just tell them I was wearing it. You’ll see. It’ll work.”*

*translated from lizard-people speak.

6 Likes

He’s reframing, too. The issue is not whether we saw him wearing a mask at some point, it is that he wasn’t wearing a mask (at some point).

(of course he’s also lying about wearing one at any point, but he’s two steps away from the actual issue by now - very efficient gish gallop)

10 Likes

If he was wearing a mask backstage, why wasn’t the bright orange crap on his face rubbed off around his mouth?

7 Likes

I think that comment is very telling. Everything is a goddamn reality show with this guy. He should have his own theme song.

1 Like

If anything happens to the current one, they’ll just pour more orange slime into the mold and pop a new one out in an hour or so.

2 Likes

He thinks googles are a face mask.

1 Like

Love how he doesn’t just double down, he quadruples down claiming not just one but four masks.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.