Fox host Steve Doocy pushes the idea that Trump should wear a mask

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/30/fox-host-steve-doocy-pushes-th.html

4 Likes

2217551-2

15 Likes

I bet Fox has one less friend some morning very soon…

13 Likes

So here’s what happened. Someone at Fox or the White House said, 'We need to get through to Trump, who can we get to deliver the news? Let’s get Doocy! He’ll do it! Trump loves him!"

Now we wait.

12 Likes

Back in the 80s, Steve Doocy used to do a comedic bit at the end of the newscast - like handing out lucky potatoes. Things adolescents find funny. I never thought he’d become one of the most influential presidential advisors, and now to having a moment of reason.

9 Likes

You do know WHY don trump doesn’t wear a mask? Aside from appearing “weak” it would also mess up his god awful orange makeup. True story.

21 Likes

Even if you discount the safety benefits, it would go well with his criminal activities. He could put “BE BEST” on it. They could sell them to the faithful. It’s not like it would be the first time he went back on something he said. Just don’t point out he was wrong before and he won’t double down.

7 Likes

Fox News exists to help the GOP and Trump, they’re starting to realize that carrying his water isn’t enough, they have to nudge him in the right direction because he has no idea where he’s going.

They already tried denying the disease was real, that it was under control, that there was a magic cure for it, and that people should just be willing to die to save the economy and Trump’s presidency. None of that worked. “Well, I guess maybe we listen to actual doctors now.”

19 Likes

… and besides, we wouldn’t have to look at half of that face quite so much.

9 Likes

“I was in the epicenter of this. I went to my grocery store every week. Guess what? They wore masks,” Hannity exclaimed on his Monday night show. “Nobody at my grocery store, thank God, got coronavirus. I think they work.”

See, this is the problem right here. It doesn’t matter what anyone’s opinion of mask efficacy is. The science on them is clear, hence the evidence-based recommendations by reputable agencies to wear them.

The decades-long undermining of science and credibility of institutions is why a lifesaving mask can be trivially politicized in the US. It’s also why the US is going to fail to solve all collective-action problems until that faith in science and civil institutions is restored.

14 Likes

John Oliver was right: trump totally screwed himself on this one. he could’ve made red ones with “make america great again” on them and sold them. his base would’ve paid a premium for them, worn them, kept the virus from spiking, and he would’ve walked away looking like a decent leader at a profit.

25 Likes

I go to my grocery store every week too. Nobody fucking knows if the next person got coronavirus or not. Hence the wearing of masks.
He must live in one of those rich people enclaves with daily testing.

“Nobody at my grocery store, thank God masks and frequent testing, got coronavirus. I think they work.”

FTFY, you living turd.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Like, maybe $88?

9 Likes

i rest my case, i guess. side note: a trump BASEBALL? i’m not a sporty guy, but even i could probably throw one better than trump, haha

3 Likes

I don’t think fox has any idea where he’s going either. They probably wake up earlier than myself and start yelling WTF!!! How can we play this before people start reading the morning news…

SO SAD!

2 Likes

I think it’s more that it would also mess up his god-awful gossamer-delicate orange hairdo, exposing his pasty-white lich skull.

4 Likes

I’ve found this on Aliexpress:

Pure nightmare fuel:

8 Likes

When did Steve Doocy start thinking?

Omg!

There’s a poster for some scary AF horror film.

3 Likes