Trump says wearing a mask would 'send the wrong message,' make him look ridiculous

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/07/trump-is-ridiculous-already.html

7 Likes

So what was the explanation for visiting a mask factory, again?

27 Likes

The guy with the weird comb-over and bright orange skin is afraid of looking ridiculous?

67 Likes

He’s not wrong; a mask would in no way stop him looking ridiculous

28 Likes

The Emperor’s got no clothes.

6 Likes

This is doubly ridiculous, because we’ve all seen him wear a mask already.

19 Likes

He still does think in terms of being a reality TV star.

8 Likes

Yeah ok, whatever you say Donnie.

20 Likes

Nahhh. You can’t fool me.

That guy has got a better hair and better smile.

7 Likes

A bit late for that

7 Likes

The NPR Politics podcast speculated that this visit was to gather footage that will be used in campaign ads in a misleading way. The voiceover will be along the lines of “he ramped up PPE production to head off the crisis” suggesting this was done months sooner than it was. That seems like a good guess to me. It also explains why he wouldn’t wear a mask- he wants the resulting footage to be undateable.

28 Likes

The rationale he provides to confidants is more truthful than the one he gives to officials. Like most macho men with fragile self-images, showing weakness by looking like a sissy is his biggest concern.

6 Likes

If ever I wished for a Darwin Awards moment, I wish it could have been this one.

8 Likes

Came to say the same thing - that ship sailed decades ago

4 Likes

We no longer in a 24 hour news cycle; we exist in an “episode” of Trump that fully resets each morning. We have a cast of recurring people “acting” like government officials. Some of them continue on in the series, some are spun off into state-based series, and sometimes they show up for a courtroom bottle episode.

“Ratings” is the actual President. But we may not see Ratings as Ratings have been classified.

8 Likes

For Christ’s sake, people are being shot for asking MAGAsses to wear masks, and he won’t promote wearing them. It’s not surprising, just deeply sad.

7 Likes

If he cared about looking ridiculous he would get a haircut, stop putting orange stuff on his face and learn to tie a tie. He should be pre-occupied with health, he is in the middle of a public health crisis.

8 Likes

“Business is booming, for… some reason. We aren’t really sure why, but lots of people want masks. I mean, I don’t need one, but they tell me they are very popular right now.”

Also - yes - the mask makes him look ridiculous. Not all -gestures all over- this.

3 Likes

Too late:

13 Likes

I came here to post “that ship has sailed, my friend”. Already got it.

2 Likes