Trump wears goggles but no mask on Arizona PPE factory tour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/05/trump-wears-goggles-but-no-mas.html

3 Likes

I’m going to allow this.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

30 Likes

That left-hangin’ high-five elbow in the background and the reaction from the poor guy in the mask to it just sums up things so well.

21 Likes

He seems nice.

2 Likes

Like the Komodo Dragon the real estate swindler has 57 types of bacteria in his saliva and some of them are very dangerous. The bacteria cause disease in the blood of their victim; we should know. Covid-19 stands no chance.

8 Likes

Even more strangely, he’s not the only one. I’d expect that supreme idiocy from him, but others? I can understand others toadying up to him by not wearing masks, too (to not show him up), but to also wear goggles?

I guess we’ve finally hit the point where all the administration staff who have survived in the White House are the sorts that would also look at an eclipse without glasses because they saw Trump was doing it.

23 Likes

Covidiot in Chief.

16 Likes

Well, the goggles are OSHA mandated while masks are just Fake News. But hey, progress right?

12 Likes

Aide: Sir, you should really consider wearing an N-95 mask instead of those goggles.

Trump: Idiot! How the hell am I supposed to see through an N-95 mask?

34 Likes

35 Likes

37 Likes

If the plant was in production and didn’t actually shut down for his visit, then safety glasses are probably a mandatory policy for everyone, no exceptions. The only time I’ve ever seen a safety glasses policy not get enforced when it otherwise would be, is if manufacturing was completely halted. And even then, most places would still require them on the shop floor.

From Trumps viewpoint, safety glasses are probably OK because he sees even the “tough guys” wearing those and they’re obviously doing tough manly things. The same goes for hard hats. But a mask? Those don’t make him look tough at all.

15 Likes

Funny for a guy wearing a bullet proof vest.

He always hunches over when wearing one.

The virus is wiping up gun violence deaths so you would think he would behave differently.

5 Likes

I like to think this won’t end well for him, but so far everything else has, so… meh. Hopefully he also shook a lot of hands and fiddled with his face.

4 Likes

The masks are really only very effective protecting outward, not inward. So with Pence and now this guy refusing to cover up, they are both insisting we truat them, they dont have to trust us.

It’s classic primate dominance behavior. Yeesh, I cant wait for this to be over!

6 Likes

He definitely thinks hard hats look tough.

6 Likes

(Breitbart image link)

Obviously no one makes a hard hat to fit his swollen head.

3 Likes

I never realized Trump had such wimpy eyes.

3 Likes

I came here for this reply and was not disappointed.

2 Likes

Trump genuinely doesn’t need to wear a mask. He has been tested on a daily basis for over a month now, and for most of that same period of time it has been physically impossible to get in his airspace without being subjected to a test yourself. Everyone in that photograph—everyone in EVERY photograph you’ve seen of him in a month—is as definitively uninfected as medical science can detect.

Now, that will sound like I’m defending him. But actually, it’s the opposite. This is why he thinks everyone can get tested. Because he can, and literally everyone he sees has been. And that’s the end of the line for that train of thought.

And yes, of course, he should lead by example and wear a goddamn mask every waking minute. But he won’t, because nobody needs to. Because it’s not really a problem, see? Not that he’s going to let an untested person within a hundred yards of him for the rest of his life. But it’s fine. He already solved it.

10 Likes