Trump losing support in key swing state

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/06/trump-losing-support-in-key-swing-state.html

23 Likes

More.

MORE.

13 Likes

This November, I am voting for a decent person I disagree with on policy over a criminal defendant without a moral compass.

Republican voters, please take note. Please.

25 Likes

I remember a conservative pundit saying something about Democrats being hypocrites, all I could think was “there’s nothing Trump could do that would cause him to lose your support-- you hold the left to a higher standard than you allow for your own candidates-- ‘hypocrisy’ doesn’t apply on your side, so you’re really just admitting you don’t actually believe in anything except winning at all costs.

22 Likes

Trump has a moral compass. It points down.

14 Likes

I’d say inward.

13 Likes

I keep saying that the state GOP still has a strong traditional, business-minded wing that is trying to keep their far right wing in check. If they go full MAGA, they are fully aware that they could lose the governorship, although they’ll likely hold onto the gold dome and keep a majority of congressional seats (only via gerrymandering, though). Given how much the city is growing and expanding, the rest of the state is following along.

16 Likes

This November, I am voting for a decent person I disagree with on policy over a criminal defendant without a moral compass.

Cool story. So where were you in 2016 then?

7 Likes

Better late than never

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s doing it now, it just seems arbitrary to wait 8 years when it was clear from the very beginning who and what Trump is. It’s not like his attitude has changed at all since 2016. He didn’t trick anyone into thinking he was a moral, upstanding, competent leader and then pull the rug out from under them once he was in office. If Duncan has decided to change sides now, more power to him, but it should never be forgotten that he willingly supported a corrupt fascist in the past and there were real consequences from that. He’s not to be trusted.

4 Likes

Im sorry, but who of MAGAs gives a single fuck what the former lieutenant governor and now a political commentator for cnn (thats the enemy of enemies) has to say about his new found rejection for trump but approval for biden? to call that

Trump losing support in key swing state

is kinda ridiculous.

I fear for his safety.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.