Trump lost the 'alpha male handshake' game on his global charm offensive tour. Sad!

JFK had Addison’s Disease, and was a lot more frail than he looked.

4 Likes

Both, at the same time. He puts the phone in portrait mode and uses the screen like a computer keyboard, but it’s still a bit of a reach for those tiny tiny hands.

7 Likes

Why is Trump meeting with the president of Tajikistan? Rahman is crazy authoritarian dictator who has been in power for 25 years!

Oh…

22 Likes

I’m sure that the caimans would eat the meat-sack.
Do you suppose that he has replacements?

2 Likes

No, he just patches the old one with rubber cement

5 Likes

I used to have trouble with the non-american soft shake, the flat hand one.
I shake so few hands any more, so… problem solved.
I do get the occasional bro-hug.
I don’t like it much.

1 Like

22 Likes

Throw in a dip, too, to show you can lift their body weight. That’s real dominance.

8 Likes

As with so many situations, the solution to the Trump Handshake is Brazilian Jiu Jiu:

Also: BJJ is useful if you are dragged off a plane:

10 Likes

Dammit, didn’t see the above comment…

3 Likes

I’ll try that when licking their nose fails.

7 Likes

I prefer receiving a hearty handclasp.

1 Like

12 Likes

Give a really limp, floppy armed handshake, then smirk at them for being a dickhead afterwards. The douchebro shake only works if there’s a shared understanding that tuff-dude shit is interesting and a decent foundation for respect.

3 Likes

I’m not an enormous guy, but I am a metalsmith (read as “has blacksmith grip/popeye forearms”).

Usually pretty gentle with handshakes, but if a douche tries to get dominant with a handshake, I can ramp it up to “wow, that’s uncomfortable” and “I’m a bro, I’m not going to cry!” pretty quickly.

Ha! Out douche the douches!

The only thing better than this is when I saw one of my blacksmith friends (who happens to be a rather slim/petite woman) do this to a douchebro. She’s frighteningly strong, and doesn’t look at all bulky. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Heh, you could always lean in and deliver the “European double kiss on the cheeks”. I believe that’s douchebro kryptonite!

8 Likes

In my experience women are, at least pound for pound, generally stronger than men. “Delicate flower” me arse…

4 Likes

The other fun bar game is to get all maybe 110# of her with skinny bird arms to offer to arm wrestle people. :slight_smile:

(for a free drink if she wins)
((I’m surprised that she still has a functional liver))

6 Likes

I worry that any given meeting between Trump and a foreign leader will turn into this.

4 Likes

“Some homo”
“Whu?” *MWACK MWACK*

1 Like