Trump makes fool of himself with lack of knowledge on Ukraine

He really comes off as that kid that didn’t do any homework and has to tap dance his way though a presentation.

Look, Trump! BATS AREN’T BUGS!

40 Likes

It was the “Great Power” thing that tipped it it for me; for the last two decades, just like all the other “powers” formed in the eighties and nineties,
all the russian army has been good for is shooting civilians.

7 Likes

Of course not. “Facts” and “evidence” and “knowledge” are for those money-grubbing “experts” who real Murkins are tired of listening to.

5 Likes

When Putin’s troll army first started up it was clear they were using a lot of older Soviet era hacks. Those posts were even more ridiculous and clumsy than this one.

Speaking of clumsy, check out who Liked his post. Coincidentally joined up less than 30 minutes after the post and spent his “First Like” badge on that post. What a bunch of clowns.

18 Likes

He’s already trying to punk out on the debates. Sad!

8 Likes

the black&white thinking is strong in you and @m_holloway

both the Yanukovych and Poroshenko governments are/were oligarchic regimes and both Russia and the EU* meddled with the country around Euromaidan.

The Right Sector is a fascist and nationalistic paramilitary organisation and for the Ukrainians at least as fatal as the self-proclaimed people’s republics in the eastern Ukraine

* I think the US government was involved less, but the Soros trust was a major player on the pro-west/anti-Yanukovych side

4 Likes

I acknowledge the right-wing authoritarian elements trying to get a foothold in Ukrainian politics (the Right Sector, by the way, is not the government of Ukraine) - the fascist legacy of the bloodlands is still a fact of life. I also acknowledge that the West favours Euromaidan and wouldn’t be surprised that the Open Society Foundation would prefer a more democratic government than one ruled by the sort of kleptocratic puppet who had a personal zoo. Grey enough for you?

Now try to get that paid troll “Holloway” (is that pronounced “Golloway”?) to admit to the grey areas regarding Putin and his “Little Green Men.”

The last thing we need here are comment spammers.

4 Likes

It was his attempt to blame Obama for the fact that Trump apparently literally knows nothing about anything. (Seriously - I have yet to hear him speak on any subject where he seems to have any clue, including real estate.) I’m still managing to be absolutely shocked by how ignorant he manages to be on subjects that he should at least have a passing familiarity with, just as a person living in the modern age, much less a presidential candidate.

He really is worse than Palin - in every regard, intelligence, knowledge, comprehensibility, sanity - yet for some reason no one acts like that’s the case. (I guess because he’s a dude, and a rich one at that.)

His ghost writer talked about how tRump couldn’t focus for more than a couple minutes, and after a while he had to give up trying to sit down to work with him because it was like trying to work with a (hyperactive) child. I imagine that’s gotten worse. So yeah, his team are there, but there’s just nothing they can do with him. He’s unpreppable. I’m trying to imagine him as head of state, where he’s going into situations where he doesn’t know what the heck is going on, something that would be immediately obvious to everyone else involved, trying to actually act as president. Would he just send someone else, or would he actually keep trying to bluff his way through it all? I think the latter, with other heads of state trying as hard as they can to marginalize him however they can so they don’t have to interact with him at all…

That one is kind of amazing because it’s so easily falsifiable - tRump talks about giving away his own money, but it’s never actually true. Any time he gives money away, it’s someone else’s. It’s amazing. Words fail me.

I’m just continuing to be flabbergasted by tRump. Everything he says either indicates a total ignorance of the subject, or is a lie (often both). That’s not even hyperbole - the guy really does seem to be a pathological liar, he says things that are easily verified but aren’t true. He’s constantly being caught out in those lies, yet no one seems to care. He recently claimed to have built the Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall. That one seems to be as close to reality as tRump gets - he was, indeed, co-chairman of the New York Vietnam Memorial Commission, something that he only did for the media attention, and when it was pointed out he never went to any of the meetings, he quit without ever having done anything.
And I keep thinking of the Khan’s accusation that tRump and his family have never known what it is to sacrifice for his country. Rather than admit this was true, he insisted he had and spouted some gibberish about working hard, which just proved that he literally doesn’t understand the meaning of sacrifice. (I find myself using the word “literally” a lot with tRump - because what would be hyperbole with any other candidate is actually completely true with him.)
I feel like the US has turned into one of those third-world countries where they elect a leader despite the fact that he’s been involved in major scandals and personally murdered some people. Our standards have dropped that low.

22 Likes

George: How do you keep a doofus in suspense?
Trump: Suspense is good, I have excellent people – really good people I could name, believe me, these are good people, who can do that. We need more of that to be honest with you, and if you look at my success you know it must have been a big part of it especially with the veterans who love me, and they really do, they really do.

20 Likes

@renke not only did not say it was, the comment made was factually correct.

The East is currently a very toxic mess of right wing nationalists, old communists, plutocrats and would-be plutocrats. The West has fingers in the pie and is stirring frantically; meanwhile we have our own right wing movements trying to take power, and what happened in the UK referendum was worryingly close to being a right wing coup. Scrub the communists and the US could match my description of the East.

I don’t want to comment on Trump in any depth, but putting for one moment all the other possible disastrous effects of his presidency to one side, a somewhat less adventurous and more cautious US foreign policy and a retrenchment of NATO might weaken the extremists on both ends in the East. If his own party allows it, which I doubt.

1 Like

I suppose this just one of those mainstream media “gotcha” questions that plagued Sarah Palin.

4 Likes

People should read Consortium News’ Robert Parry to get a fresh, probably more realistic perspective on what’s really happening in Crimea and in the Ukraine. Don’t expect the NYT to give you the straight goods.

I agree, a lot of the blame for the mess in the Ukraine can be lain at the fee of the USA. Clinton, Nuland, Obama, and, while I’m at it, Kissinger do have a lot to answer for. Of course, under the soon-to-be-well-established semel adepti virtutem legal doctrine, they get champagne parties instead of justice.

However,…as far as Québec’s case: even if the ‘yes’ side had gotten a 90% vote, there would be no legal basis in international ‘law’ for unilateral separation. Ottawa could have said “Yeah, that’s all very interesting, but about that…”

It’s likewise difficult/impossible for Scotland to separate from a Brexited UK. It’s remarkable (and unique?) that Chrétien preemptively agreed to set down some general rules for separation from Canada.

The Cree, on the other hand, would have a very strong case at the UN for unilateral separation from an independent Québec.

I’m too lazy right now to head all the way down to my basement to dig out the title of the Cree Nation’s report on separation, published just before the last referendum. It’s fascinating reading.

Well, maybe not for everyone, but you get my drift.

7 Likes

I’m aware he didn’t say that. I was pointing out that the existence of the Right Sector does not support the comment troll’s contention that the government of Ukraine is fascist in nature.

You’re absolutely correct about the toxic mess there, and that we should stay out of it beyond offering moral support to the more liberal democratic elements there. But now Putin is trying to export the sludge by doing his own meddling.

I doubt our own spray tanned grifter could find Ukraine on a map, let alone map out a coherent foreign policy that would help keep Europe any more stable and safe from Putin than it already is.

6 Likes

funnily enough this was not successful - the second time in a row. surprise! the orange revolution was also backed by western governments and players like Soros.

since the (last) independence of the Ukraine all governments were formed and controlled by oligarchs; all the meddling and pushing by outside groups were less than helpful.

I am mostly bored by the (mostly US specific?) black&white us vs. them thinking - single purpose sockets are blocked sooner or later, but this does not mean that regular and likeable posters like you should use the same approach.

3 Likes

Umm…for what? Did they somehow convince putin to occupy crimea?
Or are you blaming them for not doing enough?

3 Likes

“There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe, and there never will be under a Ford administration” --Gerald Ford.

6 Likes

How is it black-and-white thinking to call out a clumsy comment spammer?

And again, where is my black-and-white thinking about Russia? I don’t like Ukraine’s right-wing authoritarian elements any more than I do those who are in charge of the Kremlin, and acknowledge the existence of both. Assuming he’s still around, try to get ol’ Golloway to say anything negative about Putin.

2 Likes

They created the climate in which the UN is ignored when it suits large countries. On a scale of Crimeas, Kissinger’s bombing of Cambodia doesn’t fit on a log graph. Even Obama either feels he has to accept, or accepts, American exceptionalism.

The really big problem on the horizon is when China says “You know your interesting interpretation of UN principles of non-interference in other countries…from now on we’re going to play things the same way, and on the same scale.”

8 Likes

Trump makes fool of himself with… (blank)

I think Sarah Palin is more educated on matters with Russia than Donald. The man is a joke.

12 Likes

I think you mean Tina Fey.

Which comedian will step up to the plate to be a better Trump than Trump? And then how can the two be switched before the election?

11 Likes