Trump makes fool of himself with lack of knowledge on Ukraine

They’re already playing that game in the South China Sea.

1 Like

mostly the tone made me think so - you defined m_hollaway as sock puppet and your reply lacked all the basics of polite human interaction. it was his first comment in this thread, I don’t see a reason for hostility in the first reply.

5 Likes

To be fair, the comment in question set off all kinds of inner “alarm bells” for me, and I was immediately wary of the poster’s possible intent… which is why I didn’t even bother to acknowledge it at first.

14 Likes

No, I defined Yanukovych as a sock puppet. I defined Golloway as what he is: a pro-Russian comment spammer, and a clumsy one at that. With any luck the mods will clear him out as you suggested. I think we can leave it at that rather than derail.

3 Likes

SNL showed that to be impossible, unless by “better” you mean “more competent,” in which case it’s already been done. They could only portray him to be more reasonable and sane than he actually is. There was this whole bit where the joke was that mock-Trump was commenting on how crazy Palin is. Except real tRump is actually crazier, less coherent and stupider. Satire and parody fail us completely at this extreme, and frankly this dog would do a better job than the real tRump - at least when it showed up at functions for heads of state, it could manage to charm people.

13 Likes

You need to read up, (one place you can start) and from sources other than the usual ones.

Next up on your reading list: there weren’t any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The inspectors should have been left to finish their job and believed.

If it wasn’t so nice outside, and if I didn’t have people to see and food to eat at the cottage, I’d post a few dozen curated links.

3 Likes

Yet tons of people are still out of work, the middle class is shrinking, the market is riding on pure speculation, inflation is out pacing wage growth, ect… But yes our economy is doing great.

4 Likes

According to Rachel Maddow, Trump’s people altered only one piece of the GOP’s platform, no support would be given to the rebels in the Ukraine. Considering Trump’s lack of knowledge, others on his team are at work.

4 Likes

* Fingers crossed *

Oh God, I hope so.

I can understand why you’d say that, but you probably don’t:

“I’m pro-life and I don’t apologize for it,” [Pence] said during a town hall meeting here. “We’ll see Roe vs. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history where it belongs.

20 Likes

Well, I think it’s only Berlusconi’s connections that murdered people, so if you’re lucky you could go the way of Italy. You could have advanced manufacturing and R&D in an industrial North and a drug fuelled economy with loads of building scams in the far South…
Ah. It would seem already to have happened. And come to think of it I’ve been in Italian restaurants in Chicago and NY that would put a lot of actual Italian ones to shame.

3 Likes

At least we in the UK can say that Pence’s views sound as though they’re worth about as much as his name.

11 Likes

3 Likes

Basically nothing Trump can do at this point will dissuade his followers. He can eat a baby on live TV while at the same time blaming Crooked Hillary and/or Obama for not doing enough about ISIS, and people will love him for “shaking things up”.

15 Likes

Yeah. Why bother with facts or anything.

Unemployment is up this month from last yes, but down by half of its height in 2009/10.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/national-employment-monthly-update.aspx

The middle class has been shrinking since Reagan took office, so thats not anything new.

The market is up and record Corporate profits have a lot to do with it.

Inflation has been outpacing wage growth only for the middle class. The wage growth for the top 10% in earnings far outmatches inflation. I wonder why that is?

OH THAT’S RIGHT! The god damn upper echelon CEO/CFO/CMO/Demagogues like Trump keep cutting their workforces while increases productivity and stifle wage increases for everyone but themselves. Rich get richer…fuck everyone else.

The economy itself is in good shape…its the idiotic idea of trickle down economics that is fucking everyone over.

But again…Why bother with facts.

16 Likes

Actually, Ukranians seem to prefer “Kyiv,” and that is the official transliteration. “Kiev” is the transliteration of the Russian word for the city (Киев), whereas “Kyiv” is the transliteration of the Ukranian word (Київ).

9 Likes

And HRC is going to fix that? Not that I expect Trump to, but I certainly know I’ll see another 8 years of mediocrity with her just like Obama. If the economy was in good shape the mere mention of a company not hitting their projected target wouldn’t send its stock price down percentage points. A spike or dip in any sector ripples across the entire economy, that didn’t happen in the 90’s -even in the Bush years. And all that job growth is where? It is certainly not solid middle income jobs that have long term stability. But why bother with that?

Fuck it, I watched Elysium.

3 Likes

the jackass is strong here isn’t it. No I do not expect Hillary to fix it. I didn’t expect Pres Obama to either. It won’t happen overnight nor within a single presidency. Change takes a lot of time, and it takes those willing to see the problem and enact change to fix it.

Solid middle class jobs are everywhere. The issue is in education and what is needed to attain those jobs. 40 or 50 years ago a high school diploma prepared you for those jobs. Today a bachelors is mandatory for most of them and a masters is needed to get a leg up. We need to change the dynamic of what is the base education in this country. And while I do not think Hillary will do it in one term or even two…I sure as hell believe she is far more interested in fixing it than Donald Drumpf.

Despite your clear anger and prejudice to the Democratic party and Pres Obama in particular, the reality is the economy is in good shape. Its the GOP that’s allowed the upper elite to run amok and allow a wage gap to push the middle class into extinction.

Enjoy that shitty movie.

12 Likes

Don’t denegrate the amazingness that is pie in this way!

1 Like

So we don’t get to compare the performance of Patriots to BUKs?

Sorry, bad taste, it’s the nature of the thread getting to me.

1 Like