Trump met with Brazil official who has coronavirus

The odds of not being infected are NOT in his favor, methinks.

5 Likes

Nope. There is no effective therapy other than ibuprofen for fever, oxygen and respiratory support if appropriate, IV fluids if necessary. No antivirals (currently) available. I would have thought that secondary infections were a huge factor in deaths, but it sounds like ARDS due to direct lung injury from the virus is the bad actor here.

11 Likes

However brief, that must have been glorious. I envy you.

11 Likes

It is kinda like when your older sibling stops punching you long enough to see the dog is peeing on your new Zips.

3 Likes

Worst case scenario: He gets it, it’s mild, and he recovers. We’ll then never hear the end of how he has the best immune system in the world, and it was all a hoax created by the Dems.

12 Likes

Tiger Blood?

giphy (64)

7 Likes

I’m writing from the future. Here’s how this played out. Trump contracted Covid and died in mid-May while the WH insisted all was normal, despite his not being seen in public since late March.

He “campaigned” solely on Twitter, citing social distancing as the reason for his lack of public exposure. #TrumpLives supplanted #MAGA as his new signature hashtag.

He ended up being re-elected in a landslide, the largest margin of victory in history, sweeping both the popular and electoral votes.

Intelligence and law enforcement bureaus reported clear and widespread evidence of election interference by multiple foreign agents, all of which was dismissed by the WH as “hater talk”.

6 Likes

If trump does get COVID-19 the right wing conspiracy nuts will go off the rails. There would be instant calls for international investigation into how the dems are trying to assasinate the president.
The old curse “may you live in interesting times” has been cast on us all

5 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Trump plays it the other way and says that he has had the virus and recovered because he is the healthest president that has ever lived.

3 Likes

I’m not. I swear I truly want to see Trump get the virus. He’s old enough that he could easily die from it. I’ll dance in the street and I aint young either.

5 Likes

Well, if the world survived the 1918 Spanish flu (surprise, it did), it should survive this. Can’t find a link but the Spanish flu killed more people than WWI. Plus WWII, Plus the Korean War. Plus Vietnam.

4 Likes

Well, fingers crossed.

1 Like

Ok ok I’ll agree with you if you’ll give me “Mitch McConnell is the guy at the switch” at the top of that drawing.

Jeez I’m really going to have to get some new bingo cards…

2 Likes

My French Spanish is nearly nonexistent, but in case you want to sing something to blot out the thoughts you’d prefer not to have, here’s Doris Day to lead the way, now with lyrics!

It’s a waltz, and I invite you to dance around a bit. Try to camp it up so whoever you’re with understands you may have lost your mind. How’s your falsetto?

ETA: wrong language :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Apparently way wrong.

The song popularized the title expression “que sera, sera” as an English-language phrase indicating “cheerful fatalism”, though its use in English dates back to at least the 16th century. Contrary to popular perception, the phrase is not Spanish in origin, and is ungrammatical in that language.

I had always thought it was Latin, or at least bad Latin. Apparently it’s garbage Italian re-figured as garbage Spanish.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Excellent find!
Well done. I love that the entire song is even tackier than I first imagined!

2 Likes

The story of how that phrase came about is so much weirder than I remembered. I recalled it being inspired by a use in literature, and it being wrong. But couldn’t remember the literary reference, and like I said thought it was meant to be Latin.

16th century Spanglish from some mucky muck’s flashy wall hanging.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is probably how we find out that end stage syphilis kills coronavirus…

(I mean I have a hard time explaining the weird mental process otherwise…)

2 Likes