Trump NatSec advisor HR McMaster to resign. Fox News analyst John Bolton to replace

Yeah, yeah, I know … We need a scale of an event like a mil coup to change things.

4 Likes

Well helloooo

4 Likes

Bolton is already stocking up for war:

I’m guessing that 6,700 U.S.-built anti-tank missiles are not needed in Yemen per se.

9 Likes

Of course Trump appointed him - they’re old buddies from way back in the NY club scene. Plato’s Retreat.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0505/S00240.htm

14 Likes

dog bless Larry!

2 Likes

I’ll help, 'tis among my skill set. Just tell me where.

5 Likes

You and @Papasan are not mixing drinks without me!

5 Likes

Yup; it’s going to require nationwide coordinated action.

Not every city, and not every person (relatively small numbers of people in the streets can paralyse a city; thousands, not millions), but enough to jam the gears of the national economy.

St Louis showed how it’s done.

Just calling a date won’t work [1]; you need to build momentum first. But it can happen quickly if the stars align; see the current burst of teacher’s strikes for an example. West Virginia lit the fuse, but it rapidly spread interstate.

:musical_note: There’s a fire that’s just waiting for fuel :musical_note:

[1] The RevCom (AKA Refuse Fascism) crew tried that months ago. That was the event underlying the “antifa uprising” nonsense that the fascists were hyping last November. Pretty much no-one paid attention to it except for the alt-right trollies who were trying to pretend it was a coup attempt.

9 Likes

No worries; if the world ends I want to tend bar. Not the fluffiest life ambition, but getting to literally turn out the lights…

11 Likes

pendulum

24 Likes

Agreed. Plus in what other profession can you say you made everyone happy by the end of the night?!

7 Likes

None that my mother would be proud of…

13 Likes

In Argentina in 2001 the economy was collapsing, the majority of the population was poor, there was widespread unemployment, you couldn’t get your cash from the bank…

For most Americans, day to day life is OK. There’s too much to lose by wielding the power you are talking about.

And yeah, that was probably true for most Germans in the first years of Hitler too.

6 Likes

We are mostly way off topic on this thread and I would argue it’s ok. The actual topic is quite literally a path to the destruction of humanity. So discussing pretty much ANYTHING ELSE should not just be allowed but encouraged.

I tip my hat to everyone here. You all make me laugh and smile and genuinely think highly of other human beings. Regardless of our disagreements or differing opinions.

And I’ll stop now as I’m on the fourth old fashioned. Which is less old fashioned and more just added bourbon to my empty glass. I’m getting misty.

21 Likes

Pot dispensary.

And someone’s gotta man the dab rigs and smoke circles.

If I’m going out, I’m gonna be high as Johnny Cash in that bush with a cake…

25 Likes

You’re role in the official “boingboing End of the World Shindig” is now secured!!!

10 Likes

Cheers!

11 Likes

Blessed is the drink, for it shall provide folly & regret.

tumblr_ngchmeklQI1s58xblo1_500

12 Likes

I wish my damn work day would finally end so I can head home and get started now…

8 Likes

Don’t forget to pick up cake on the way home!

9 Likes