Trump not welcome on Ellen DeGeneres show

I think I prefer the old Modus.

24 Likes

Not my comrade. In her avatar she’s holding a koala, which causes them severe stress. Mindless rants from the ill-educated I can tolerate, unkindness to endangered species not.

10 Likes

There’s actually a photo floating around from the late 80’s early/mid nineties of him pushing a cart exiting a KMart. I remember as a youngster a bunch of brouhaha about this rich man shopping like a commoner…

Ah … here it is…

IIRC there was a Paparazzi shot of him actually pushing the cart …

2 Likes

BoingBOing celebrity news!

1 Like

Separation of church and state doesn’t prohibit classes about religion.

12 Likes

Checking for 3 a.m. tweets…

1 Like

Slander. I know I speak for my fellow lefties when I say we love extremist Muslims, but we draw the line at problematic ones.

17 Likes

Right? I love this guy!

27 Likes

THAT’S the scenario that I couldn’t imagine! Jeez.

1 Like

They want to live like common people
They want to do whatever common people do

10 Likes

Wouldn’t know how to operate one.

3 Likes

I’ve been to Dearborn. I worked there for, oh, fourteen years or so. Sure, some of the mannequins in shop windows wear a hijab, and some signs are in both English and Arabic. But you know what? Life as it’s known in Dearborn is basically the same as “life as we know it” in Detroit or Lincoln Park or Wyandotte or anywhere else in Michigan.

Never mind thinking of Dearborn. Try visiting there. (Because I’d bet my life savings you’ve never spent so much as a full five minutes within its borders or you’d never say something so blithely idiotic.) You might learn something if you did.

And make sure you try the chicken Shwarma while you’re there-- it’s delicious!

26 Likes

Is anyone really surprised by this though?

Also feel like it’s a bit revisionist considering W. Bush was just on, what, a few weeks ago? In what way was that guy significantly better?

1 Like

Better than Trump? Lots. A ham sandwich would be a better president.

3 Likes

George W. Bush was an incompetent buffoon of a President but he didn’t actually go out of his way to be a dick. There are countless examples of how you could compare the two men’s different responses to similar circumstances and realize that one was not like the other.

Example 1:
After unintentionally mocking a disabled reporter (by bringing up a legally blind man’s sunglasses) Bush appeared horrified about doing so and made a public apology.

Example 2:
Within days of the 9/11 attacks this is what George W. Bush had to say about Muslims:

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It’s practiced freely by many millions of Americans and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends. It is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists and every government that supports them.

Example 3:
George W. Bush vocally and emphatically disagreed with his political rivals but he never claimed that he’d send Al Gore to prison or that John Kerry was a terrorist sympathizer born in Kenya.

7 Likes

Hold the ham, hold the bread…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.