Trump offers conspiracy theory that Obama has "something going on" with Islamic terrorism

I like you, boingboing, but stop giving this asshole airtime every time he spews out this bile. Drumpf is a waste of blood and organs, he is an oxygen thief.

Sarah Palin would make Trump look better, which is pretty scary. Iā€™ve got mixed feelings about Newt Gingrich as a VP pick - on one hand, the Republicans seriously deserve to be stuck with him, and heā€™s morally a match for Trump, but on the other hand itā€™d look like Trump hired an assistant who actually knows how to do the job for him so heā€™ll be free to pontificate.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why conservatives are so infatuated with Obama saying this phrase. If he says it, will it magically solve the problem?

Obama refers to any attack like this as just ā€œterrorismā€, and thatā€™s not good enough for them, they want Islam singled out.

6 Likes

In an almost entirely unprecedented moment

Waitā€¦what? Is that sarcasm or is the key word almost? Hasnā€™t Trump been hinting this all the way since the birther movement?

2 Likes

Um. I donā€™t think passports or their lack signify Real American status. I donā€™t have a passport, I never have. Yet Iā€™m not a Trump person (I voted Sanders.)

(Though I do have one of those Enhanced Drivers License thingys. I live in Detroit, so itā€™ll work if I want to head over to Windsor at some point. But any other international travel is way out of the budget now, so I donā€™t have a passport.)

5 Likes

This is what has me pining for the days of Bush II; the man may have not been the most intelligent politician, but at least he had the sense to surround himself with smart people (albeit evil). My current fear is that if he manages to accumulate enough real politicians in his orbit, heā€™ll gain enough legitimacy in the eyes of more principled conservatives.

I have a problem with calling reactionaries ā€œradicalsā€, but I accept that I have probably lost that battle.

7 Likes

I totally agree with you. Radical means back to the roots. Itā€™s not necessarily a bad thing. Reactionaries donā€™t think, they just react from their id. Thatā€™s only useful for sheer survival, not politics.

8 Likes

This is true:

Omar Mateen was born in Queens, NY
Donald Trump was born in Queens, NY

We need to keep this kind out of our countryā€¦

8 Likes

Trump will use fear and hate for his own benefit.

He is a terrorist.

2 Likes

Reagan.

14 Likes

Since Iā€™m from his state, I have no mixed feelings. Nope. I want him nowhere near the presidency.

9 Likes

21 Likes

Now that Trump has ā€œfigured out whatā€™s going onā€, I guess his Muslim ban wonā€™t be necessary.

What a shit-stain!

1 Like

The high council of the republican party?

1 Like

So, to paraphrase Trump:

ā€œAnd letā€™s dispel once and for all with this fiction that Barack Obama doesnā€™t know what heā€™s doing. He knows exactly what heā€™s doing.ā€

1 Like

Is it? Iā€™d describe it as a particularly nasty issue globally, and a big issue in the Middle East. But the attention it gets is already way out of proportion with the real threat. Seriously itā€™s talked about like the plague of our times - more people in the US die falling down stairs than at the hands of terrorists, and most of those are domestic.

The people really facing Islamic terrorists are the refugees fleeing to Europe - the people that are barely treated as human by most.

I hope it doesnā€™t look like Iā€™m downplaying tragic events as thatā€™s not my intention, but perspective is important. The only people that benefit from the continual cycle of fear are the terrorists. Itā€™s frustrating to see those most vocal about the issue doing the most harm.

13 Likes

ā€œJeez, Donald, how many guys do I have to instruct the CIA and JSOC to assassinate as part of my effectively unbounded ā€˜targeted killingā€™ program before youā€™ll admit that Iā€™m not actually smooching Bin Laden behind the scenes?ā€

2 Likes

#RADICAL ISLAM.

Did I fix it? I thought that would fix itā€¦

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t say that. Donald Trump seems to be doing quite nicely on the continual cycle of fear.

6 Likes