"Trump" offers his opinion of the Republican debate in SNL's cold open

Originally published at: "Trump" offers his opinion of the Republican debate in SNL's cold open

1 Like

Seemed pretty mean-spirited toward the other cast members.

Oh my god, “Skim Scott” was just… :kissing_smiling_eyes::ok_hand:

After all these years and such a clownish subject, it’s kind of amazing that James Austin Johnson is not only the only trump impression that remotely captures his character, but is also the only one that is actually funny.

2 Likes

I believe that doing a funny trump impression is very hard, because how do you satirize that thing and not be outright grotesque? There’s a tiny narrow patch between “too realistic, not actually funny” and “dude, ew”, and landing there takes some serious talent.

7 Likes

I think the only joke that sounded mean to a cast member was the comment about the guy playing DeSantis, but he’s a member of the Please Don’t Destroy group and a good amount of their humor is making jokes at their own expense, so I would assume that wasn’t actually mean spirited.

7 Likes

All this really isn’t funny anymore.

5 Likes

If I have seen that AI generated clown before then somehow I missed counting fingers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.