Watch and cringe: Trump Jr. tries to be funny on CPAC stage and is met with humiliating silence

Originally published at: Watch and cringe: Trump Jr. tries to be funny on CPAC stage and is met with humiliating silence | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Jealously competing with his father’s incisive wit.

18 Likes

Cokie McSweaty STILL doesn’t realize how obvious he is…?!

18 Likes

The Trump family didn’t get the memo: don’t mess with taxes. Wait–Texas. I mean Texas.

17 Likes

Worst. Open. Mic. Night. Evah.

30 Likes

I’ve read in several places that Jr. is considered “the dumb one” of the kids. Which is astounding considering his brother is Eric.

43 Likes

He wasn’t trying to be funny, that talking spot just turned into a contest of who can say the dumbest thing that the ‘true believers’ can still fall for

23 Likes

Why would anyone steal bibles? There are Christian organisations who will give you them for free.

I know that’s not what Cawthorn was claiming, I just find the idea of stealing bibles amusing.

22 Likes

22 Likes

How not to pander, lesson one:
Make fun of Texas to a room full of Dallas republicans

17 Likes

I can handle things! I’m funny; not like everybody says, humiliating; and I want respect!

27 Likes

…and another six lines. snorrrrkkkkkkk

14 Likes

Where is the rest of this? I wanna figure out what joke he was trying to make. And he has to have had other duds. He isn’t funny to begin with, and people aren’t in love with him like his dad.

But yeah, he totally had the whole “bombing on stage” face. Hahaha.

13 Likes

There’s a very strong GOB Bluth vibe here.

21 Likes

The Trumps are the answer to the question “what if you had a crime family comprised entirely of Fredos?”

38 Likes

10 Likes

He actually thinks his comments are funny. This does nothing but add some verity to the still debated Dunning-Kruger Effect.

16 Likes

It’s hardly a virtue; but senior must be admitted to have a born bully’s eye for soft targets and weak points, which is a cruel and degenerate flavor of incisive wit. Junior shows no such talent(though similar interests).

11 Likes

He’s totally fallen into self-parody now. Except unlike parody, no one actually finds him funny.

Oh my gods, yes, that’s why it felt so weirdly familiar. He even sounds like him - the voice, intonations… is he deliberately doing a Gob Bluth impression? Or did Will Arnett just have the type down pat?

The whole Trump family (and in-laws) surely constitute a living proof the effect is real.

13 Likes

Yeesh, cocaine is not the friend you think it is, Jr.

12 Likes