Trump on Coronavirus: "We need a little separation... It's gonna go away. It's gonna go away"

Or longer, his hair surpasses his collar in the back.

1 Like

“She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate — a contained island after scalp-reduction ­surgery — surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray,”

11 Likes

It’s gonna go away. It’s gonna go away" It’s gonna go away. It’s gonna go away" It’s gonna go away. It’s gonna go away" It’s gonna go away. It’s gonna go away" It’s gonna go away. It’s gonna go away"

Sing it with me everybody!

8 Likes

Well, eventually, it WILL “go away”. How bad will it get before then?

State and local governments are taking actions, though. It seems despite this lackluster direction from the president, others are on top of it.

They just postponed my local ComicCon :frowning: . Sigh - its for the best. With my luck all the basement dwelling nerds like me would be fine, but John Cleese would infect us all.

The mayor cancelled all gatherings >1000 people, and has other powers in place he may enact.

1 Like

Right, that was like two weeks ago, wasn’t it?

WHAT THE FUCK

6 Likes

His father.

2 Likes

The real problem is that he’s too stupid to actually pursue his own best interests. That kind of unpredictability makes him even more trouble.

1 Like

Just look at those duffel bags under his eyes. I hope the colossal scale of how badly he’s fucking all of this up is weighing heavily on him. (And I’m sure the only thing weighing on him is how the economy is tanking on his watch and how preventable this all was, but I’ll take any karmic schadenfreude I can at this point.)

9 Likes

No, it won’t. This is a thing that will be with us for a very long time. The impact and immediacy will reduce over time, but it isn’t going away.

Unless by “eventually” you mean “when the sun explodes”.

12 Likes

if there is any justice in the universe he will catch it and become deathly ill if not death itself

there has to be a price, if we can’t punish the idiots that put him in power and support him to this day (congress and governors too) then they need to witness the result of his stupidity

sometimes I wonder if he realizes there are going to have to be guards around his grave for the rest of time to prevent people from going to the bathroom on it

5 Likes
10 Likes

More accurately, he bet on telling people he was containing the virus without actually doing any of the work to make that happen, so it’s no surprise the virus didn’t pay attention to the propaganda.

13 Likes
14 Likes

Something tells me that if Dubya’s presidential library only has one book, then Cheeto’s only going to have a pamphlet.

5 Likes

Not even that. Just a Twitter feed scrolling on a kiosk in Times Square.

6 Likes

How so? Pandemics run their course. The Spanish Flu took about 2 years. Is possible some of the virus still exists in a grave of a victim? Maybe. But other than that, there aren’t fears it will come back.

The fear is an new strain, such as what we have now and have had in the past.

Like I said, it will get way worse before it gets better, though. I am not suggesting it will just “go away” soon and not end up affecting that many people. Quite the contrary.

1 Like

According to the Spanish flu WP article, the “swine flu” from 2009 is the same virus

3 Likes

IIRC it is the same type, but a different strain. It was also waaay milder than the Spanish Flu. It didn’t derive from the Spanish Flu, yet mutated from a virus that infected pigs that crossed over. The same thing that happened in 1918, it just happened again. Many of our infectious diseases crossed over from animals.

Covid 19 is a Corona virus which isn’t new, but this strain is.

If I am remembering wrong, please correct me with a link.

1 Like

I wonder if he’s making plans involving an aircraft carrier, a flight suit, and a “Mission Accomplished” banner, yet? He could enter wearing a face mask, and then dramatically remove it as the banner is unfurled and then he could do his stupid smug face for the cameras. It would be yuge.

5 Likes

You’ll probably get a damn good deal.