Trump on Coronavirus: "We need a little separation... It's gonna go away. It's gonna go away"

This has been an administration fuck-up from the beginning.

Today’s “Fresh Air” documents the incompetence:

6 Likes

I tuned into Rush Limbaugh a couple times whilst out running errands this afternoon. I learned that this whole thing is just a big silly hoax, and that Trump did all the right things weeks ago, but, and you’ll never believe this, the mainstream media won’t tell you about any of that.

I also learned that he’s even less connected to objective reality than he was the last time I heard any of his rantings. But that’s a bit less surprising.

6 Likes

No shit. Of course it will pass; nothing is forever.
But let’s take a second and wonder: This crisis is like an open book test. China and South Korea have provided the textbook how to handle the crisis and the Don is tossing away to do it his way because of his numerous limitations as a human being starting with the infantile narcissistic compulsion that he can only do what he wants no matter the harm (in this case, increasing the number of deaths).
That even Wall Street is spooked is telling, to say the least.

7 Likes

With a big sign.

This place is not a place of honor… no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.

What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

7 Likes

I visualize his library as one of these by his gravesite:

Containing nothing but this:

9 Likes

or a remaindered copy of Art of the Deal

5 Likes

I wondered the same! Isn’t he that dick in Canada that all South Park Canadians hate cuz he’s a dick?

But what does it look like before you use it?

3 Likes

Surprisingly similar.

1 Like

Stephen King book in first pix is, no doubt, The Stand. President Randall Flagg approves!

Nope, it’s Desperation.

Still might be appropriate.

Randall Flagg was a whole lot less erratic than Donald Trump. He was also known to get out and go for a walk every now and then.

I think Trashcan Man is a much better comparison here. Completely batshit and scattered, yet with a singular maniacal focus in spite of that.

3 Likes

There are so many ways to tease, taunt, criticize, and make fun of this man that don’t involve pretending that the J stands for a “girl’s name”. Perhaps avail yourself of one of them and leave the misogyny out of it.

17 Likes

Just like the link between smoking and lung cancer!

6 Likes

trumpkins, who is likely infected because others in his delegation are now testing positive, just shook hands and breathed on the top major retail seos of the entire country

oh and also the entire task force including vp, head of cdc, etc.

walmart and walgreens parking lots are now going to be ground zero for millions of infected people going to get tested, have fun shopping

2 Likes

Like Browning with Castlereagh?

Posterity will ne’er survey
A nobler grave than this.
Here lie the bones of Castlereagh:
Stop, traveller, and p-ss.

3 Likes

I quite agree.

And if it did, it would have to be Jezebel, because what name better befits a false prophet masquerading as a servant of the Almighty? (Or use the more recent association of the name with prostitution to describe his offering of himself to his corporate masters.)

But no, his real middle name is ignominious enough. King John was wicked enough that to this day, nobody in line of succession to the British throne is ever christened, ‘John.’

4 Likes

I don’t actually disagree with you, and am generally bothered by malicious misgendering. To be honest, it’s a habit I picked up from Randy Rainbow and has become so common around the house that it just doesn’t faze me.

2 Likes

Who’s up for some golf?

1 Like
10 Likes