Trump's coronavirus address to the nation with all the crazy stuff removed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/12/trumps-coronavirus-address-t.html

6 Likes

I had an album like this as a kid, called The Greatest Hits of Marcel Marceau.

28 Likes

Nothing like politicizing a pandemic.

5 Likes

That’s the most disturbing ASMR video ever.

22 Likes

Are you referring to him or BB?

8 Likes

My friend has a pug that sounds like this!

12 Likes

Thank you for listening so that other people don’t have to!

13 Likes

9 Likes

He doesn’t sound well

Any chance?

12 Likes

everyone knew something like this would happen, so here we are.

The entire Trump administration summarized in 11 words.

16 Likes

Saw the whole version last night, and tbh, despite all the obvious stupidity, the mistakes, the excessive nationalism, and so on, it’s still the most coherent I’ve ever heard him. Which scares me, because to me it seems like a lot of the country is so misinformed they are going to just go with it and assume he’s on top of things and keeping us all safe.

3 Likes

You can’t defund and dismantle the U.S. Navy, then state it’s political when people say you’re responsible and blame you for loss of maritime influence. And putting fishermen in place of the qualified admirals once the problem becomes obvious won’t help.

Now replace “U.S. Navy” with “CDC”, “maritime influence” with “health and safety”, “fishermen” with “incompetent lackeys”, and “admirals” with “scientists and professionals”.

But at least 45 is considering bailing out the cruise industry. No replacement needed on that one sadly.

edit: grammer

23 Likes

That’s right. Labored breathing is one of the only symptoms of Covid-19 that it doesn’t share with the flu. Though it’s also possible that he had to walk to the Oval Office all the way from the new tennis court.

4 Likes

It’s exactly what I thought while watching live last night…

Markets won’t like it if the US President gets sick.

Yes, you’re right tRump is an asshole.

9 Likes

As I suspected, about half a minute of non-crazy.

Yes, that was directed at Trump, if it wasn’t obvious.

2 Likes

Monday’s XKCD:

18 Likes

Tennis court? He plays tennis?

There’s a scene from a Simpsons Halloween special where Bart has the god-like powers, and says to Otto “Move over, let me drive.” Otto at first says no then remembers “oh, you’re the little dude with all the gnarly powers!” Then as Bart is driving and Otto is working the brake and gas pedals, he says “Hey, this FUN isn’t it, we’re all gonna DIE aren’t we! (chuckles)”

That image keeps coming up in my mind when I think of Trump running this country.

https://tv-japan.net/vid/uqewp824m325gZY/the-simpsons-almighty-bart-part-1.html

5 Likes