Trump on Mueller probe: 'I view it as an illegal investigation'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/30/trump-on-mueller-probe-i-vi.html

7 Likes

I double-dog dare him to name three “great legal scholars” that ‘everyone has read…’

63 Likes

Do “Dick and Jane” books count as works of great legal scholarship?

24 Likes

I’m not saying anything

For once I can’t dispute something trump said.

21 Likes

I triple dog dare him to name three books of any kind that he’s actually read.

34 Likes

You know he’d just say Art of the Deal and whatever other books were ghost written for him.

20 Likes

19 Likes

Again as usual. He’s speaking directly to his base.

11 Likes

57 Likes

hes shitting his big boy pants. he’s going to make some kind of attempt to obstruct or end the investigation, and he is just testing the waters with his usual “normalize the outrageous” routine. But he’ll never stand by and let his pants be pulled down in public. If he can’t conjure a way to foil the investigation he’ll run (resign) with some excuse of how he has business to do elsewhere…

26 Likes

This goes beyond the language Nixon used to condemn the Watergate investigation, yes?

We’ve been in unprecedented territory from the beginning of Trump’s campaign but this is some serious Constitutional crisis stuff.

28 Likes

As I recall he always falls back on claiming that “All Quiet on the Western Front” is his favourite book. This makes sense since it’s a book commonly assigned to middle school students (the emotional age he’s stuck at) and is probably the last novel he ever read.

Anyhow, getting out the popcorn for this. Yeah, big boy, you just try and fire or circumvent Rosenstein or Mueller. It’ll work out just as well as his threats to deal with Google News or the NYT or will be yet more evidence that he’s a windbag full of hot sulfur-tinged air.

17 Likes

“I’m not saying anything."

Full stop. if only, but it’s never that easy, is it?

@papasan By this point even the crickets have been shocked into silence. They are just looking back with a expressions like, “Seriously?”

16 Likes

These guys?

41 Likes

Judge Judy, Judge Wapner and Judge Dredd?

24 Likes

According to great scholars, the highest-ranked dare is a double-black dog dare.

8 Likes

Me on his presidency: “I view it as an bogus presidency.”

16 Likes

I’m willing to bet this happened to Dolt-45 at least once. And not necessarily when he was in grade school.

11 Likes

Well I think it’s pretty cool, having a president who has taught constitutional law.

12 Likes

My mom is sorta pissed at me. On FB I troll the family members who voted for 45. And THEY are getting sick of me. But I’m posting only truthful facts about what he says or does. And they can’t handle it.

I will not rest.

I will not give up.

I will not relent.

I heard for 8 years how Obama was evil. I heard for 2 how Hillary was evil.

Nope. My dad passed this year. So as his only son I’m the “head” of this family now and I will take every asshole who believed this assholes lies to task and remind them how FUCKED UP they are for supporting him.

Sorry for the rant/TMI but this is a battle of wills and anyone who knows me will tell you “Q’s will is unbreakable and indomitable”.

:slight_smile:

66 Likes