Trump on verge of conceding in Rose Garden speech, changes mind mid-sentence

Yeah I’m picturing January 20th looking more or less like the end of Mars Attacks.

15 Likes

Well, it is a crack in the patina. At the risk of being woefully wrong, I predict he’ll cave within 2-3 weeks.

UPDATE: Two steps forward, one step back with that “He won” tweet.

5 Likes

I was reading in today’s paper about the couple who run the (relatively) little company where the research took place.

17 Likes

My take too. One more grift before he leaves office.

2 Likes

LOL, the guy who hasn’t spoken to the American people for 5 days except behind the safety of tweeting says his administration isn’t going to go into lockdown. Where have you been Trumpy?

10 Likes

This was a scary read from 1892:

The thing I found most worrisome in it was how well it all worked.

15 Likes

We should be so lucky.

6 Likes

My fav part of the vid extract: “lock downs cost lives”. Next up, his followers claim that not driving on the freeway is a sure path to death!

1 Like

Yeah, never forget the power of “only the good die young”. It was kinda fun to say…back before Trump’s ass showed up on the scene.

It’s amazing to watch Trump read prepared statements where he basically starts arguing with the text he’s been given. This isn’t the first time. His actual statements don’t make any sense unless you understand that’s what’s going on, too.

26 Likes

The electoral college makes it official Dec. 14th. I don’t give a shit if trump ever admits he lost or not

15 Likes

That’s interesting, I claim credit for curing cancer but that doesn’t mean it happened.

2 Likes

He’s gonna be one of those Futurama heads in a jar nightmares.

14 Likes

Yeah, just a question of how many more he’s gonna take with him.

4 Likes

Or…

abnormal

18 Likes

I worked for a year at a small pharma company.

Once they have even just one drug, the whole edifice morphs into a sales apparatus.

The place I worked for developed a pretty interesting anti-cancer drug that, to put it simply, works like a homing missile keyed for a specific strain of cancer cells.

When I was working there, the actual manufacturing was done my a 3rd party biotech lab that did small scale gene therapies for other clients as well.

Capitalism is all about making sure someome else is liable if you fuck up. Always have some other supplier to blame.

25 Likes

Man, he must be KICKING HIMSELF for having passed that basic level cognitive test (the one that was at “the cow goes moo” level).

If anyone ever needed a believable “too senile to go to jail” diagnosis to save them from prison it was him.

9 Likes

Oh don’t worry, we can try him in Texas. They’ll hang, electrocute, and gas people with profound mental retardation. Trump wouldn’t stand a chance.

9 Likes

I thought to be executed in Texas you had to meet the strict criteria for “irredeemable dangerous criminal”. One of:

• Poor, or
  • Skin darker than a hamburger bun.
6 Likes

… founded and run by immigrants.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-biontech-ceo-newsmake-idUSKBN27P1O5

16 Likes