Trump orders 5,200 more troops & 1,500 miles of concertina wire to U.S.-Mexico border

That would be admitting that’s a problem. Republicans have trouble with accountability these days.

3 Likes

John Rogers put things in perspective when he talked about his time doing stand-up:

“I had 10,000 people hate me to my face. for half an hour.”

12 Likes

Inquiring minds want to know: is a mile of concertina wire the length if stretched taut, or the coiled length as typically deployed? I’m trying to work out the razor to child ratio to determine how safe this makes me feel.

7 Likes

They need to protect the FEMA staff setting up the prisons for all the white people?

5 Likes

I’ll direct you to FM 5-34, chapter 6. You’ll find all the data you need for refugee-entangling devices.

Mirror: https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bits.de/NRANEU/others/amd-us-archive/fm-5-34C3%2803%29.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi2gbbKmq3eAhWr7YMKHZuhByoQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3Y6p3vAeQ73qR51IFusUld

3 Likes

@xeni It looks like that “1,500 miles” of concertina wire in your headline may be a typo—?

The first tweet you quote in your post, from Nick Miroff, says:

Pentagon will send 5200 troops to border, has 150 miles of concertina wire ready to use, Northcom says

And The Hill reports:

The military has also brought “critical material” including concertina wire “to cover up to 22 miles” and additional wire they can string for over 150 miles, O’Shaughnessy said.

[U.S. Northern Command and North American Aerospace Defense Command head Gen. Terrence O’Shaughnessy]

7 Likes

Projection in full-on IMAX, that is.

3 Likes

This news chills me to the bone.

2 Likes

He may well suggest using it on the “mob” of Democratic voters. I’m sure he’s thought of it.

2 Likes

3 Likes

That is the optimistic view.

The pessimistic view is they have no problem with shooting and bombing US citizens they don’t like.

Two years ago I would have viewed anyone putting forward the pessimistic view as borderline crazy. Either I’m edging towards crazy now, or things have changed a lot. Or I guess it was always that way but I didn’t want to believe.

To be honest, I’m hoping I’m just kind of nuts, but sadly I think I’m entirely sane.

2 Likes

He should be sending the troops to Squirrel Hill.

@xeni, he was not “deranged.” He was acting in a manner completely consistent with his expressed viewpoint. His viewpoint is shared by at least a few thousand similarly mislead asshats. All of whom would in all likelihood duplicate his efforts given the opportunity. This is the world we live in now. The “president” says we need to be armed to go to church, otherwise whatever happens is our own fault. We are so screwed…

5 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.