Trump orders 5,200 more troops & 1,500 miles of concertina wire to U.S.-Mexico border

He’s just making sure the Democrats and Soros minions that are organizing the caravan have the message so they are able to properly relay it to the migrants. He’s doing a public service.

6 Likes

Gosh he sure looks mad! Gotta gin up some fear mongering bullshit about a crowd of desperate asylum seekers. We should discuss how America turned back boats of asylum seekers from Europe during the 30s and early 40s iirc… shameful.

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised this administration hasn’t printed up leaflets with his warnings and air-dropped the leaflets on the “caravan”.

4 Likes

How many people so you suppose are rooting for a massacre?

5 Likes

Speaking of which: Cordell Hull and Roosevelt were NOT the heros of the MS St Louis story. Seeking to repeat it on a grand scale doesn’t make drumpf the Good Guy™.

FTFA:

It was not immediately clear why the scale of the mobilization increased fivefold from the 800 to 1,000 troops that defense officials were discussing last week

Oh, I’d say it was stunningly clear: maybe you hadn’t heard, but there is an election next week. The President of the US is using federal troops in a naked effort to influence the midterm elections.

10 Likes

I’d look at responding:

1. Having the President use the military inside the US violates posse comitatus and states rights.

Just to mess with the right.

1. It’s the President’s responsibility to enforce the law - all laws - fairly. This includes keeping us safe and enforcing laws regarding refugees. He needs to show how he’s going to make sure that good people fleeing violence and oppression aren’t caught up in his efforts to keep out criminals. Because we all know how he treated babies who were refugees and don’t want to see him do that again. By the way - where are those babies?
14 Likes

Isn’t this happening in basically the same area that all the low information voters went apeshit over Jade Helm?

How do we know this move isn’t the first step in a “secret plot” to impose martial law, confiscate firearms, invade Texas, and institute total population control?!

Someone please make this a meme.

9 Likes

ahhh…Jade Helm. That was a good one. BTW, I’d love to explore all those tunnels that the Chinese built connecting abandoned Walmarts. Good times.

4 Likes

Three-year-old gang members are going to die in barbed wire. Congrats.

2 Likes

The abandoned Walmarts are currently full of refugee children.

9 Likes

How’s he going to get Mexico to pay for the concertina wire? And how seriously are we supposed to take a “Wall” that we can cut through with a $5 tool?

2 Likes

This is a top-priority red alert EDWP (Emergency Dick-Waving Project). Time is so short before the election; only photogenic stunts stand a chance.

6 Likes

No, you just know that with Operation Jade Helm Obama intended to declare martial law and run roughshod over our local values and principles. But Trump is on our side, there’s no way he’d let Operation Cardboard Dunce Cap get out of hand. /s

8 Likes

Legally. The question is: what happens when (not if) the president issues an illegal order?

Yep, and we have the same Republican individuals that were freaking out about the possibility that Obama would bring in the military (and maybe impose martial law) now openly hoping, demanding even, that Trump will bring in the military and declare martial law.

13 Likes

Yeah, this too, but…what if this is less about seizing control now, and more about shaking out dissenting troops for future actions?

6 Likes

any true conservative would be talking about worker visas, and ways to get the existing and very necessary immigrant labor legal.

i wonder where they all went.

4 Likes

This group is a drop in the bucket compared to the groups we have handled before.

Any sane action could involve setting up a temporary refugee camp with USCIS clerks handy for processing them to become permanent residents. Like we did with “The Boat People”, “Marielinos”, “Refusniks”, “Iranian 79’ers” (made that name up) “Somalis”…

8 Likes

The Irish potato famine?

4 Likes

Sure!

But I was aiming for post Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1963 examples. Those who came in under our current laws concerning refugees and asylum seekers.

4 Likes

Sadly, this is a valid consideration.

3 Likes