Trump Organization to Congress: Upholding the Constitution "diminishes the experience of our brand"

“Hello, my name is…Bob. I would like to reserve a block of rooms at the wonderful Mar-a-Lago Resort.”

“Great! Thank you for calling us. How many rooms would you like to book, and when?”

“How many rooms for $100,000? Any day is OK.”

“Sir, I need to know which dates your party is going to need rooms for. And how many rooms.”

“Sure. OK. How about tomorrow, and all of them?”

“…OK…You understand that if you book all of our available rooms you will need to guarantee payment now and you will not be able to cancel for a refund?”

“Excellent! Yes.”

“…OK…Your total will be $125,323.85. What name will you be reserving these rooms under?”

“The name is Russ Key. Please make sure that Mr. Trump hears that name. Thank you!”

Click.

13 Likes

There were codes of ethics to be broken. Personal ethics, not so much.

4 Likes

I mean his promises relating to ethical behavior have all been broken - which itself shouldn’t be surprising because he’s clearly ethically and morally bankrupt. The amazing thing is this administration has created some of its own ethics rules - only to violate even those.

No, he hasn’t. At all. That is a straight-out lie. Other presidential candidates put their financial holdings in a blind trust. Initially Trump talked about doing a blind trust, but it was clear from what he was describing that at no point did he have any intention of doing anything like a blind trust. (Either he’s so financially inept he doesn’t understand what a blind trust is, or he was outright lying.) In the end, he did nothing at all to separate himself from his business. His thin legal fiction about his businesses being in a “trust” isn’t true - his sons are doing the day-to-day operations, but he still has full ownership and control, when he wants it. Every serious presidential candidate in modern history has taken extensive steps, well before the election, to separate themselves from their previous business interests - Trump has done nothing but consistently lie about it.

16 Likes

Seeing as (according to other replies) you appear to have a credibility problem, it may help to at least always ensure your spelling and grammar are correct. Try “its” instead if “it’s”. It will at least look a tad more professional even if the content remains less than … (but that has already been commented on)…

3 Likes

Uh. You’re assuming there were any ethics to be broken.

Heh, the difference between immoral and amoral…although at the end of the day does it matter which?

Trump Organization to Congress: Upholding the Constitution “diminishes the experience of our brand”

Americans to Trump: Not upholding the Constitution “diminishes the experience of our democracy”

6 Likes

Sadly, this is actually more likely and believable a statement.

Corporations don’t have the right to refuse on grounds of self incrimination. They may have more rights than a real human. But not all the same ones.

You aren’t, by in any chance, … DISAPPOINTED in BoingBoing, are you?

5 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.