Trump organization worth one-tenth of previously reported value

Unfortunately, horrible “shit” has a way of turning into beneficial “fertilizer” when “President” is spread over it. His tenure so far has been one of attempting to gather in and hard-wire advantages for himself now and (for after office) down the road. Yes, his name is shit… but that won’t hold back those who would gain something by his shitty-ness.

7 Likes

Trmp owes more than he owns. He’s been running on smoke and mirrors and cashflow float for decades.

7 Likes

I’d like this to be true so Your evidence of this? Because otherwise it’s hearsay.

2 Likes

His simple minded dirt-poor supporters would take the food from an baby’s mouth to feed trump. He has acquired a god status among the socially sick misfits who worship him. He will never lack for anything other than honesty, decency and human compassion.

3 Likes

Oh, why that sounds just like some other guy I know. Also has a penchant for odd hair. hmmm…
Kim Jong-un

1 Like

There exists no greater fool than the person who believes their own bullshit. Trump is so hopelessly deluded that he believes what drools out of his mouth.

4 Likes

Not even hearsay.

I have no evidence but a strong intuition borne of observation and experience. David Cay Johnston would have a more nuanced view but I doubt anyone has real evidence or will have real evidence until the books and the tax documents become public. When and if it does, my suspicions will either be confirmed or not.

2 Likes

turkeys

4 Likes

I get that entirely and I’m right there with you.

The real concern here is that a supposed journalist thought that Trump might be telling the truth.

Sounds like time for some kind of margin call.

9 Likes

Yeah, but they can’t afford to support him by buying his premium branded items. Hotel chains etc are removing his name. The licensing salad days are over.

Maybe something like Trump can team up with whats his face and sell discount prepper stuff. But the days of over priced branded items I think is at an end.

4 Likes

tumblr_oz2q8ksYj81qzsnxyo1_500

27 Likes

I’m still surprised. I thought he was broke.

9 Likes

More than likely Trump is going to hit back on this with “I have more money than my disclosure forms say” or bragging about how good he is at hiding money.

At which point he will have publicly bragged about commiting a crime (again). Even if it’s not true.

But also I tend to think there’s a pretty low change Trump doesn’t have something illegal or sketchy in his finances.

So no he’s not worth anywhere near what he claims. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t hiding some of what he’s really worth from people who’s job it is the tax him and investigate where he gets his wealth.

11 Likes

From your link:

“The problem for Trump is that he’s leaned heavily on claimed values of his personal brand when calculating net worth. Forbes determined that Trump’s exaggerations doubled his actual net worth. Many of his real estate deals have actually been licensing his name. It’s still a way to make money, but one that depends on the vagaries of name perception.”

Smoke and mirrors… just like his presidency.

7 Likes

And the easy marks are easily fooled.

Forbes: “Trump claims to be worth $10 billion.”

Marks: “See? Even Forbes magazine says Trump is worth $10 billion.”

6 Likes

“Forbes determined that Trump’s exaggerations doubled his actual net worth.” But I don’t think they know what debts if any are against that. And now his declared income has plunged.

If he has loans, paid with the fallen revenue, and the fairy dust value as collateral, then his creditors might be a bit uneasy.

They don’t mince words:
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/11/16/trump-exposed-fake-billionaire-business-worth-tenth-claimed.html

8 Likes

9 Likes

During the campaign, other NYC real estate moguls said that the Trump Org was not an important player. Licensing the big T on buildings was often the only thing the Org was making money from. This is another reason NYers went for Hillary by 85% - they know him.

6 Likes