Trump's least intellectually gifted son lies about his father's corrupt business practices

Originally published at: Trump's least intellectually gifted son lies about his father's corrupt business practices | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Trump’s least intellectually gifted son”.

Would you mind awfully narrowing that down just a smidge. Cheers.

:grinning:

26 Likes

Yeah, yeah, pal. Tell it to the Receiver.

5 Likes

Well it’s probably not Barron because that kid is apparently smart enough to stay the hell out of his dad’s public life.

18 Likes

High Five Mikey Day GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

“A Lannister–I mean Trump always–I mean never pays his debts!”

17 Likes

He’s right that the Trumps are corrupt, but coordinated?

13 Likes

Imagine if Al Capone had had a Twitter account… and a pair of idiot sons.

12 Likes

“we’ll over a billion dollars”

This sentence no verb. “We’ll what a billion dollars”?

13 Likes

Mar-a-Lago is speculated to be worth we’ll over a billion dollars

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

16 Likes

Just about anything.

13 Likes

People tried to abduct Eric Trump, but the family demanded the kidnappers pay them to bring him back.

12 Likes

“Such hatred towards one person by a judge”

The facts were so blatantly obvious that they didn’t need a trial. This is a “the sky is plaid” level of argument.

17 Likes

… and after a couple of days, the kidnappers paid them.

9 Likes

The summary judgement discussed this speculated valuation and went into fine detail discrediting the source as a single, high net-worth real estate agent who claimed he could sell Mar-a-Lago to other billionaires like Bill Gates or Saudi princes and so therefore, it’s worth what he thinks it is - in spite of the fact that Trump himself sealed a much lower valuation back in 1995 by encumbering the property with restrictions making it a “social club” and not a private residence in order to get local tax breaks.

The judge slammed the door on this argument hard and fast. It’s worth about $18 million bucks and that’s even on the high side.

This one tweet encapsulates the whole case nicely. Trump hears a guy say “I could sell that for a billion dollars” so he reports it’s worth as a billion. Trump believes value is subjective while the rest of the world knows things are only worth their objective value based on what the market determines.

9 Likes

I had a quick read of Eric’s Wikipedia page so that you don’t have to (you’re welcome) and it includes this glorious deadpan line: “Trump briefly considered other careers but decided to join the family business while a high school student.”.

10 Likes

9 Likes

A friend of mine from college taught at the school Barron went to in DC (St. Andrew’s Episcopal) and had him in one of his classes and said that he was quite intelligent and utterly unlike what you would think of as “Trump.”

His mother has did an admirable job, it appears, of making him as normal as possible given the absolute monster he has as a father.

12 Likes

I do.

12 Likes

Worth pointing out that the judge has also ruled that Eric and Don jnr. are co-fraudsters alongside their father. Somehow, Ivanka wasn’t in on this particular grift.

Hollywood better settle all the strikes; for epochal moments like this when the Trumps are in the news, we need this man back on our screens:

11 Likes