Trump places hand upon mysterious glowing orb in opening ceremony for Saudi anti-terror center

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/22/trump-places-hand-upon-mysteri.html

5 Likes

I for one welcome our new glowy orb overlords!

11 Likes

Fucking oligarchs, even their circle-jerks are ridiculously opulent

23 Likes

No, Trampy, you must place your hands on the orb, or the intergalactic lizard people will not believe you are serious.

13 Likes

They’ve taken the crystal out of the pylon, and he’s shaved most of it off, but I’d recognized inarticulate Cha-Ka’s orange-hair anywhere.

5 Likes

Super Friends Indeed

4 Likes

Only androids may deliver the orb to them.

There’s a typo in that second word. You added in an “r” by mistake.

18 Likes

The Church of Satan has already issued a denial via Twitter

10 Likes

If Obama had done this … FOX News coverage would have been hilarious.

25 Likes

11 Likes

33 Likes

Oo-kay, I’m just paranoid enough to wonder - how do you avoid leaving prints behind in a situation like that? Do you make it known you’re a germaphobe and start wearing gloves during all public events?

6 Likes

I smell a setup for a wacky 1980s body-swap comedy.

16 Likes

Mysterious? Nien!

11 Likes

If it’s Trump and the Saudi king I’m assuming it’s Loc-Nar, that contains the sum of all evil:

25 Likes

haha, I haven’t thought of this cult classic for years.

2 Likes

Wait… so Trump attended the opening of an anti terror center in Saudi Arabia and people think the globe is what’s weird? Saudi Arabia, the all time winner when it comes to supporting and financing international terrorism as well as being the world’s number one supported and financial backer of Salafist jihadism, the ideological basis of most jihadist islamic terrorist groups, that Saudi Arabia opened a place called the “Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology.” and we focus on a light bulb in a translucent globe?

25 Likes

I agree, to some extent. It’s a bit like focusing on the fact that Trumps tweets about world domination and crushing his enemies are tweets rather than that they are about world domination and crushing his enemies. Although the form and function are so intimately tied together in both cases that it’s a fine line between “is a distraction from…” and “highlights and draws attention to…” what clownish evil these douchebags are up to.

7 Likes
30 Likes

To these 0.000025 percenters, the opulence qualifies as “visual cake” for the masses.

5 Likes