Trump-Putin in Helsinki: Transcript and Video

How thoughtful of Donny to give Vlad a gift.

5 Likes

They’ll wait until his second term for that (and do their best to help him get that second term). At that point it will be game over for NATO (probably the EU and free trade in the West, too) and Putin will feel comfortable taking the Baltics back into the embrace of Greater Russia (per Dugin).

In the meantime, Putin will be satisfied with getting Russia back into the G8 while simultaneously taking more bites out of eastern Ukraine.

11 Likes
13 Likes

Operation Treason Weasel is a damn great phrase. I’ll be disappointed if that wasn’t the actual name.

11 Likes

Putin has already been caught in an outright lie, there is proof he knew Trump was visiting Moscow in 2013, from many many sources

PUTIN (THROUGH TRANSLATOR): And now, to the compromising material. Yeah, I did hear these rumors that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he was visiting Moscow. Well, distinguished colleague, let me tell you this: When President Trump was at Moscow back then, I didn’t even know that he was in Moscow. I treat President Trump with utmost respect, but back then when he was a private individual, a businessman, nobody informed me that he was in Moscow.

4 Likes

@Melz2
@mr_raccoon

I would propose adding perturbate to the developing portmanteau, but the result would likely be NSFW :wink:

2 Likes

I dislike Trump, but do we want bad relations with Russia? The whole Russia thing seems like an awfully small hook to try to hang Trump on. Some Facebook ads(which, how many other governments bought election related Facebook ads? crickets) and the DNC hack(possibly, and it revealed some crappy backroom Democratic Party dealing). Like it actually caused any of Republican Flyover States antipathy for Hillary?

God, if we want Trump out, we need to focus on his shady business dealing, same way they got Capone.

*shudderz at the possible connotations…

4 Likes

“I dislike Trump, but do we want bad relations with Russia? The whole Russia thing seems like an awfully small hook to try to hang Trump on. …God, if we want Trump out, we need to focus on his shady business dealing, same way they got Capone.”

Quite reminiscent of The Onion’s American Voices.

8 Likes

I guess resolving the Crimea/Ukraine situation in some sort of peaceful fashion and without war is less important than all the people still asschapped about Hillary losing.

We have bad relations with Russia. Countries we have good relations with don’t try to meddle in our elections and hack our political parties, and countries that want to have good relations with us cop to their past misdeeds and promise not to do it again.

The way they got Capone was exploring every possible angle of attack. It turned out focusing on the taxes worked best. Funnily enough, this is probably the best way to get Il Douche (but, spoiler, it will very likely involve the Russians).

I hate to break it to you, but soldiers and firefights (along with rigged elections and international disinformation campaigns) were involved in “resolving” the Crimea situation* and continue to be involved in “resolving” the situation in the Donbass. The current “president” of the U.S. seems to be more than willing to allow Putin to continue “resolving” things without a word of protest or diplomatic condemnation.

[* by the way, I think Russia had a legitimate claim in Crimea, one that could have been resolved without “Little Green Men” and all the other games that Putin can’t resist playing]

14 Likes

I don’t know. I’d think that the definition of being “asschapped” is having a sociopathic, lying, pussy-grabbing racist traitor for president.

14 Likes

Interesting that no one on this thread brought up Clinton except for the person you’re addressing.

It’s like some people, including 45, have ‘Hillary Derangement Syndrome;’ they have that woman stuck on the brain, despite the fact that she no longer has any role in government.

Dwelling on the past fuckups won’t fix the present ones, which are growing exponentially…

17 Likes

They, like Assange, can’t stop thinking of the counterfactual where she won the Electoral College.

9 Likes

Well, he just had his mid-year performance review. It must have been on his goals for the remainder of the year. Might as well check that one off right away!

9 Likes

Trump’s trained seals have no problem being thrown bloated week-old fish every now and then.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thinking about this thing today made me wonder who would be cool with Russia underminding our countr…

Oh, nevermind.

14 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of Republican responses where they’re outraged, even talking about treason. But this might almost be worse - because they’re admitting it’s happening, but they still aren’t doing anything about it.

Everything he’s done on this trip has been “disgraceful.” (Which is almost impressive.) This rises to another level entirely.

Also the FBI made a copy. Which is why they didn’t have to “take it.”

As for the “pee tape,” John Rogers put it succinctly:

19 Likes

Aye; I’m worried those fuckers will still sit around with their thumbs up their asses, at least until their own businesses and other prceious revenue streams start to hemorrhage money…

12 Likes