Trump Rally shut down thanks to protestors

Do you mean that his existing hard core increases its, er … hard core-ness or that Drumpf attracts new supporters? The former might be true … hard to say. The evidence seems lacking for the latter.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s bizarre. If clownshirts shut down a Sanders rally it’d make me more likely to show up at the next one.

6 Likes

Again: Trump was not silenced. Trump chose not to appear, triggering a near-riot, because he had (possibly deliberately) created a situation in which he faced loud verbal opposition.

But, yes, the Trump camp are spinning their bullshit version of the narrative (rally cancelled on police orders, peaceful Trump supporters attacked by violent Communists, etc) and using that to build support. The corporate media are doing their usual job of amplifying the bullshit and ignoring any fact-based analysis, helping him along.

10 Likes

silencing Trump

Doesn’t seem to have happened, any more than The Rump’s strike during the debates was real. Good on him for continuing to be a lying trolley, though. It works for his base, but it’s a long cycle to keep this shit up until his “majority” figure out that he’s a thin-skinned coward and this crap looks like the weakness it’s always been for him.

4 Likes

WaPo’s story is that after months of playing protesters to his advantage, Donald Trump is overpowered in Chicago

Has Trump just had his Olympia rally moment? Let’s hope that things don’t have to get as far as the Battle of Cable Street if we are to stop him.

3 Likes

Let’s hope so.

We’re seeing more comparisons to the Dems’ '68 Chicago Convention.

Circa '68, the news coverage pivoted at some point from political news to criminal disturbance news.

In the U.S., conservatives organized against dems using (ghastly) law and order talk for 30+ years after that convention and related violent rhetoric and incidents.

2 Likes

I agree, but I also think the fact that there were many people of color in attendance – in a high enough ratio that Trump supporters couldn’t get away with sucker punches – made Trump and his supporters afraid. Thugs, you know.

4 Likes

And, ultimately, cowards they be.

(The Trumpeters, that is.)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yep. If anything, his negatives will only ascend in the time we have left to the nomination.

This topic was automatically closed after 343 days. New replies are no longer allowed.