Trump recommends against hiring Michael Cohen as your lawyer

I’m sure Mr. Manafort would like to flip, but he can’t, not if he knows what’s good for his “wonderful family”. I think it’s really thoughtful of the president to remind Paul of his vulnerabilities, especially as some of the fish he used to swim with are very large and have sharp teeth.

14 Likes

Trump: Law and Order! Tough on Crime!1

1 As long as I get to decide what is crime and what is not and which laws need to be complied with and which don’t,

13 Likes

27 Likes

If anyone is looking for a good President, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Donald Trump!

There, fixed it for you.

31 Likes

LOL. I bet he thought this was hill-lair-e-us.

3 Likes

Solid gold:

17 Likes

It’s been clear for a long time he doesn’t even know what “witch hunt” means, nor does he care. He’s like those Fox pundits who endlessly called Obama a Nazi, for no particular reason except Nazi = bad = Obama.

7 Likes

I know. It’s crazy how often that happens to him, but it keeps on happening. Even a dog would have learned by now, Mr. P.

3 Likes

“Can you see it now? Good.

6 Likes

I keep wondering why this isn’t a more prevalent meme these days.

Just too on the nose, maybe?

18 Likes

If anyone is looking for a good President of the United States, I would recommend you don’t retain the services of Donald Trump

There, I fixed it for him

2 Likes

and yet he has this -

as his lawyer.

19 Likes

To be fair, would you recommend Michael Cohen as a lawyer?

7 Likes

Is a presidential pardon for Manafort possible?

Classic. Forget about hiring the best people – Dumb Donnie can’t even hire the best criminals.

5 Likes

Yes and No. Some of the convictions are for state level crimes/charges which Donnie cannot pardon. Additionally, nearly all opinions are that a presidential pardon would be a direct conflict of interest and damn him if Mueller’s investigation proceeds to impeachment proceedings.

There are a few current articles with the NYT and Politico on these exact points.

5 Likes

I can’t WAIT to watch Giuliani’s heart break when Trump inevitably throws him under the bus next.

19 Likes

If Mueller’s investigation is a witch hunt as Trump claims, the Trump administration and campaign has more witches than a Halloween party!

8 Likes

Adding to @anon61833566’s comment, if Trump pardons Manafort, Manafort will lose the ability to plead the 5th and can still be subpoenaed in future proceedings even if he cannot be tried. That would end badly for Trump.

Yesterday has the feel of a genuine inflection point in the Trump dumpster fire presidency, but I didn’t think he’d win the election so maybe my feels aren’t all that predictive.

6 Likes