Trump repeats claim that impeaching him will lead to civil war

17 Likes

You can thank the Northern Virginia suburbs for the Blue switch. Rural areas West are still problematic.

5 Likes

Sadly, the fine dining experience at the 99 is likely no better, nor is the gourmet cuisine at Cracker Barrel or Friendly’s untainted by MAGA hats.

I suggest the safest thing is to head up to The Common Man.

4 Likes

Hole-e-sheet. If you disparage that place anywhere within ear-shot of my mom down south you will get an ass-whippin. Where else can you go to get enough food to clog your arteries for a day and get some country-bumpkin kitsch in one place?

Edit: spelling

7 Likes

To be fair, having grown up in southern Ohio, I do enjoy the Cracker Barrel from time to time (rarely, given the artery-clog situation). They do a decent chicken-fried steak and fried chicken livers. And I deeply wish New England would get a Waffle House.

5 Likes

Mmmmm. 3 am breakfast and stale coffee. Brings back high school memories.

Edit: at least we have IHOP

7 Likes

Surprisingly prescient comic:

7 Likes

How about a state where they aren’t right next to us Canadians, thanks.

6 Likes

Even if they manage to impeach him, most likely won’t actually REMOVE him at this point.

Get out and vote, people.

6 Likes

That might get into the root of the whole 2nd amendment foolishness by triggering serious response.

Want to fight against what you see as tyranny (i.e. Trump impeached) - have fun bringing an AR 15 to a drone fight. The gun fondlers will be easy to spot from the air.

2 Likes

I wonder what he really thought of the guy in this van:

His rhetoric certainly never calmed down. It seems pitched to recruit shooters and bombers like this guy.

9 Likes

My thought is the instant he tried something like that, he would get one in the head and two in the chest from a Secret Service agent willing to sacrifice his own life to stop the insanity. Frankly, I’m amazed it hasn’t happened.

6 Likes

I think your approach would involve more study and reading, and less gunwaving and practicing commando moves. So don’t know if it’s as attractive an option.

2 Likes

​I also don’t see most of 45’s rabid ‘armchair patriots’ being willing to personally take a bullet for the Orange Occupant.

Sure, they’ll happily “punch down”; attacking marginalized individuals who typically can’t fight back, that’s the usual MO. But going toe to toe with opponents who aren’t helpless “easy wins?”

I can’t begin to fathom it.

13 Likes

Probably not necessary. I doubt he can put up much of a fight if they just drag him out.

3 Likes

It’ll be a bunch of gun luv’n neck beards in a cabin somewhere who plan to eventually have sex toys sent to them by “well wishers”.

3 Likes

This sort of logic baffles me. People are pissed off we are droning civilians in the middle east. You think everyone is going to be like, “Yeah, get 'em guys! Drone those bastards!” Will anyone with that opinion have that opinion if it was, say, Trump droning armed Antifa?

Almost no one wants a civil war. And if there is one, thinking that all of the armed forces will be on one side would be the height of naivety. And anyone who thinks a militia force with only small arms isn’t a viable threat, hasn’t read about the war in the last 10 years. Oh sure, we win, but at what cost? We “won” Fallujah, but destroyed the city, killed civilians who couldn’t get out/were used as shields, and the insurgent movement lived on.

Personally I wouldn’t be so boastful of US military might in a civil war, because odds are that might will be used against you. But like I said - almost no one wants it. We need to ratchet the rhetoric down, not up.

4 Likes

Even if the Senate finds him guilty of violating laws, Trump would still blame the Dems… and forget the role of the GOP in the ruling.

3 Likes

10 Likes

A comment in the Post today:

Lincoln’s attitude: We must have a Civil War to save the Republic, even if it kills me.

Trump’s attitude: We must have a Civil War to save me, even if it kills the Republic.

37 Likes