Trump riot: U.S. Attorney's Office in D.C. charges 55 people federally — unlawful entry, assault, theft, and weapons charges

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump pardoned them all on his last day in office.

2 Likes

Your point is completely valid. There is, however, a theory that trump got handsomely paid for the pardons of the blackwater war criminals via the DeVos ample treasure-chest (Betsy DeVos is Erik Prince’s sister)

14 Likes

Only works if Trump KNOWS what his last day in office is.

4 Likes

Well, it doesn’t matter if you charge them before or after the transition:
Trump can issue a blanket pardon to all rioters, before they are charged and without knowing their identity.

That’s a good point! I almost hope he does issue the pardons, so I can see Fox/OAN twist themselves in knots as they simultaneously maintain that: the rioters were all Antifa; Trump issued a blanket pardon in support of Antifa desecrating the Capitol.

9 Likes

Antifa is SAVED!

(/Xs just in case.)

6 Likes

pretty sure they knew who he was a long time ago.

2 Likes

In Trump’s most recent video remarks he pivoted from “we love you, you are very special” to “You do not represent our country, and to those who broke the law, you will pay.” Possibly because he realized it hurts his brand to be on the same side as people who attacked cops. So a Trump pardon for the insurrectionists doesn’t look nearly as likely as it did a few hours ago.

16 Likes

Shouldn’t they also be charged in the murders of the 4 dead (even if they’re their own)? Don’t we usually charge brown people with murder if someone dies during the commission of their crime?..

Oh wait nvm thats only for brown people

6 Likes

Trump’s going to try and keep his head down until he’s out of the WH. Any moves to piss of anyone in power or coming into power will paint a bigger bullseye on his back than he has already.

2 Likes

Nooooot quite true. Almost true. But you’ll be taken aback if you watch video of who was actually there yesterday.

Plausible. But Trump is nothing if not intemperate. So doesn’t really matter what he says it any given time since he is entirely transactional and will say whatever feels good to him in the next instant even if it totally contradicts what he just said.

4 Likes
13 Likes

I’m thinking that might be cultural appropriation, but likely he gets his bearskin from some fictional universe.

And there’s always a slight chance he actually is Native.

3 Likes

AND … murder

https://twitter.com/AlexLimonNews/status/1347333264978145281

13 Likes

white privilege won’t protect them from the consequences of killing a cop

10 Likes

Its one of the many reasons we have to remove trump from office RIGHT NOW.

10 Likes

Sure he could. But until he does arrest them all and charge them with all their crimes.

Because even if he pardons them it’s important to show that the DOJ is treating these like the crimes they are. Because in 14 days trump looses his pardon pen and it’s important that the next guys know that the DOJ will prosecute them once there is nobody to pardon them.

8 Likes

I don’t think he can keep that up for 14 days. He will be back to rallies an inflammatory rhetoric by Monday.

4 Likes

I’d say by Friday PM he’ll be raging again.

Or playing golf.

13 Likes

That still doesn’t justify or alter the facts surrounding his crimes.

8 Likes