Trump says immigrants "infest" the United States

The drama isn’t Trump saying these things. That’s what he does. We know that. The drama is us getting used to it and his supporters cheering louder with every new stage of dumb and atrocious that he reaches.
For my part, I just watches the greatest part of his 30 minute interview on Fox and Friends and then made the great error to read the comments. One of the most depressing things I did this whole year.
Just in case anyone’s curious: here you go, have fun… or not:

1 Like

Trump hasn’t the slightest idea of the historical resonance of any of his statements.

Yesterday, he used the phrase “separate but equal” (of course traditionally associated with segregation issues) when he was declaring the creation of his “Space Force”. I’m sure that phrase was just swimming around in his free-association pool, it was ever-so-slightly applicable, so, What the Hell, just use it.

He is a walking id, with nuclear codes.

9 Likes

Infest. Just the right word for what has happened to the Oval Office.

4 Likes

What is Trump’s obsession with “MS-13?”

I bet the people he’s trying to frighten can’t even spell it.

1 Like

In addition to being a punchy dog whistle, it also only takes up 5 characters, leaving more room in his tweets for APOSTROHPES!!!

5 Likes

I certainly don’t want him assassinated! I want him to live a long life inflicted with some physical ailment equal in proportion to the pain he has so gleefully inflicted on babies and other innocents. Let him live in a squalid tenement cared for by people who despise his existence but dedicated to sustain it. In the end let the remains be dumped into a slag pit that even vultures avoid. He is pestilence personified, the vector of hate that carries misery to all. An alleged billionaire apparently too stupid to even enjoy is own fortune. Why and how could anyone follow this wretch?

I mean, I kid, but… not entirely. There’s something fundamentally off about Trump and a few others in his administration. There’s some human part lacking in them.

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t doubt that there’s some detrimental psychological aberration present in most of the people who are willing to work in this admin; be they sociopaths, psychopaths, or what have you. I don’t believe they are mentally stable or morally ethical people… but they are still people.

Just really horrid ones.

4 Likes

Does he mean like his mom and paternal grandfather?

They are human by some scientific definition perhaps but I too think there is some essential element of humanity missing some of these beings. Maybe if I didn’t gag so hard on religious thought I’d say these people are soulless. Maybe they are what AI creations would be like if they were created solely to understand a profit motive or designed to only protect their specific model of soulless robot. Until proven different I will stand with you in saying they are a sort of people. I will also accord them exactly the same amount of respect as they do to all of us who stand drastically opposed to them. Festering hemorrhoids infecting the ass of rabid jackels

3 Likes

I don’t disagree; they are damaged, and terrible… but still human.

Past, prologue, Trump:

SEPTEMBER 1, 1990 3:08 PM
“Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed.”

8 Likes

Is the timeline starting to fit, like…are we seeing the serious markers of parallel intent?

I have nothing to contribute to this conversation. He is horrible, and nobody is doing anything to stop this nonsense.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. He’s only talking about the wrong type of immigrants… You know, the brown ones.

Pretty sure the last reading was 1:05am…

1 Like

The sad thing is that while we’re all fucking aghast at this, it plays exactly opposite with his target audience. This is a plus with a lot of tRumpkins.

Narcissistic sociopaths lack empathy. They’re essentially a parasitic (and in many cases predatory) form of human that leeches off the social good nature of fully fledged humans. Like a cuckoo laying its eggs in the nest of a robin. They don’t really contribute much to society as they’ve specialized in being the best takers they can be.

8 Likes

Not about the flag, but this might be helpful nevertheless:

https://twitter.com/praxiskenzie/status/1005553491333599232?s=21

4 Likes

There is that, which describes so many in this administration, but with Trump in particular (or perhaps especially), there also seem to be some cognitive deficits too, basic human abilities that are lacking. I’m not sure Trump really understands that other people exist in a stable, objective reality. His behavior is driven by positive feedback loops like a dumb AI, not a functional human being.

7 Likes