Trump says immigrants "infest" the United States

Blaming Democrats for this atrocity is classic abuser tactics along the line of ‘why do you keep making me hit you?’

19 Likes

Late stage 4 to stage 8 in my opinion.

3 Likes

Bill_Ramos: “I see all the libs like Barbara Wawa saying she wants to go into the camp in south fl”

Barbara Walters was engaged (acted as a beard for) to Roy Cohn - and “Walters testified as a character witness at Cohn’s 1986 disbarment trial.”

She’s such a lib.

edit:

"Cohn’s case attracted wide attention not only because of his notoriety – he has stayed in the news as a lawyer for organized-crime figures and the jet set – but also because of character witnesses who came to his defense during 27 days of hearings.

Among them were Rep. Mario Biaggi (D-N.Y.), ABC’s Barbara Walters, developer Donald Trump, syndicated columnist William F. Buckley Jr. and New York Times columnist William Safire."

Yep - Babs, Donny, Buckley and Safire - the liberal dream team?

5 Likes

If someone with dual citizenship who lives abroad renounces U.S. citizenship does he or
she get put on the no fly list? Asking for a friend.

5 Likes

Ah, how can I put this politely…I hate shopping. I know people do the shop til they drop thing, but it’s not my thing. Even at Duty Free, I just want to grab and go.

6 Likes

Hiding from it won’t help anyone. Get immersed in it, get angry at it, get out there and help change it. Vote, protest, something.

Ignoring it, or looking the other way, is giving them the win.

You can’t rely on them coming to their senses over time. They won’t. They will just see what they’ve gotten away with, and escalate until they have everything they want.

The right has spent years and years dehumanizing the “libtards.” Blaming Democrats for what you are doing rings true to the base, and to not do it would be foolish of them at this point. It’s a bell that always makes them salivate. An example of how effective it is would be how often Obama’s name is still invoked when someone is trying to shed some light on the activities of the current administration (see the “new commenter” above).

Obama is no longer in charge, the Republicans have a majority in both the House and Senate and Trump has been in the White House for over a year… so why are things getting worse for POC, immigrants, the LGBTQ community, the sick and injured, the environment, the poor and women?

Could it be because that’s the way they want it? It’s like they are magicians in the service of hatred. “Watch this hand, ignore this other hand. This hand represents everyone you hate, I’ve named it ‘Obama!’ WATCH THE OBAMA HAND!” … while the other hand is engaged in pure evil.

sigh.

ETA: One more thing. IF this was all Obama’s doing, Trump would be moving heaven and earth getting it undone. Not capitalizing on it and making it worse.

12 Likes

This story is a great opportunity to apply the Truth Sandwich, and @Melz2 here provides the wrap.

Trump as usual provides the shit pâté.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Just a quick reminder that statements calling for, or encouraging violence, are not permitted here, as per the community guidelines

Be cool. Don’t post or encourage insulting, bullying, victim-blaming, racist, sexist, violent, or homophobic remarks.

Thanks.

6 Likes

No, although there may be exceptions: We know from example that at least one immigrant named Drumpf led directly to an abomination which haunts us now.

2 Likes

You’re wrong. It will help someone. It will help me and the people that have to deal with me. Being in a constant state of anger and sadness has taken a toll. I’ve been marching and writing letters and going to meetings. I’ve given a lot of time and spent a lot of money. I’m done.

I’m not giving anybody the win - they already won. I was fighting for the next win and I don’t think it’s going to happen until at least 2024. There’s no common ground on the left. I think the centrists and lefties hate each other more than they hate Trump and the rest of team red.

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have time for this argument. I’m too busy trying to figure out how to build a time machine so I can go back to around 1945 and give Fred Trump the lifetime supply of condoms he so desperately needed.

1 Like

I totally get that. My older daughter has had to do the same thing, especially since she’s part of one of the groups being directly attacked by the current administration.

It’s very draining dealing with all of this on a daily basis.

Hopefully you can come back refreshed.

1 Like

Between our prison industrial complex, militarized police forces, and foreign wars we’re well through the entire list.

3 Likes

Today I went to my son’s “graduation” from middle school. It opened with seven kids each welcoming us in a different language - whatever they speak at home, including a few I didn’t recognize. Then we all said the pledge of allegiance, and it was lovely and meaningful. I am all for pledging my allegiance to what I think the flag stands for - for all the ways in which this country seriously sucks, I am glad I live here (and especially here in Cambridge, MA - not a perfect place, but still). Everyone in the room felt it.

When I see someone with an American Flag t-shirt or bumper-sticker, I wince and assume they’re a nationalist xenophobe. What can I do to feel like I’m fighting for America instead of against America? Can we de-power the hate by reclaiming the language? Is there a “take back the flag” movement that makes the haters into the “others” for once? I need something.

4 Likes

my skin is dark

2 Likes

I’m not so sure the same can be said about the fascists in our government, though.

I’m not ready to dehumanize those fuckheads either; though it’s pretty clear what horrible, shitty excuses for people they are. They are still human… just the very worst sort, who deserve every iota of bad karma that comes their way.

7 Likes

Trump also followed the metaphorical flag-humping in his speech by humping the flag.

5 Likes