Trump says it's 'terrific' so many Americans have coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/08/trump-says-its-terrific-so-many-americans-have-coronavirus.html

6 Likes

Stupid man says stupid things.

10 Likes

killbots

25 Likes

32 Likes

Just because this shit irritates me so much, I will again point out that no disease in history has been defeated by “herd immunity.” Smallpox, polio, diptheria, measles, tetanus, etc etc etc, ravaged the population for centuries until vaccines were widely deployed. None of them were controlled by herd immunity. Herd immunity is only reachable via immunization. That is the only way to get there. Otherwise, we just keep dying. In the millions. Bad choice.

43 Likes

Trump isn’t up on current slang.

He meant to say “sick” or “wicked”.

16 Likes

Also as long I’m using Futurama memes:

“the numbers should skyrocket downward”

skyrocket

23 Likes

“Herd Immunity” is one of those grownup ideas that really only should be used by actual grownups - or lacking that, at least medical professionals. As soon as I started hearing the phrase passed around freely in the news. I figured we were about to reach peak gaslight.

43 days, and it’ll change. Just gotta hang on, amd then the shit will be different.

6 Likes

Trump says it’s ‘terrific’ so many Americans have coronavirus

839b430b40b791d68975d39172a24f7e

Every day now, I find myself feeling a little less alarmed by the vomitous blatherings of this shithead. Feels good!

12 Likes

15 Likes

Holy shit. Even if the whole “herd immunity” thing could work (which re-infections suggest is a total non-starter), you’d need 5 times as many people to get sick for it to do so. And at this point, that’d be a lot more than 5 times as many deaths. We’re talking millions dead, tens of millions with long-term health issues. Terrific!

Well, that is what he’s explicitly aiming for here, so…

I’m pretty sure that fucker does just want to kill us all, now that we didn’t reelect him.

14 Likes

I find deaths brought about by Christmas parties to be among the most heartwarming ways to go. What a wonderful time of year!

7 Likes

Yes, it’s truly a wonder that so many should die so that we could keep bars and restaurants open.

God forbid the US Government go even father into debt paying those bars and restaurants to stay closed; adding to the national debt is reserved only for wars and tax cuts.

9 Likes

I think you and Joe Pera would get along great! :wink:

2 Likes

Actually, every long-haul patient is a guarenteed customer for overpriced, substandard medical products and services, and even the dead ones generate some economic activity as we go into the ground, so I can see his logic here. It’s batshit crazy, but on-brand for this guy.

1 Like

And I’m going to put my plug in here for contact tracing. Because even with a vaccine, contact tracing is what eventually brought down Smallpox. Belt and suspenders. (Although, in this case, they are complementary. Belt and pants.)

9 Likes

Except it would be a Big Mac wrapper next to an empty bottle of Ritalin. He doesn’t drink coffee.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.