Trump says Jan 6 rioters are being "persecuted so unfairly," voices support for Saturday's far-right Capitol rally

Originally published at: Trump says Jan 6 rioters are being "persecuted so unfairly," voices support for Saturday's far-right Capitol rally | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m surprised that they even think persecution is a bad thing.

14 Likes

Yeah, it is SO unfair that they are having to face the consequences of committing actual crimes. Shame the same unfairness does not apply to Trumpty-Dumpty.

23 Likes

Trump says they are being “persecuted so unfairly.”

Hitler says Beer Hall putsch participants are being “persecuted so unfairly.”.

26 Likes

They think that persecution of people on their side is a bad thing.

23 Likes

Is this how it conjugates?
I am being persecuted
You are being attacked
They are getting their just desserts

20 Likes

Disagree: perpetual victimhood is their fucking gasoline - they run on that shit.

23 Likes

In unexpected news; I’m forced to agree.

Fairness would demand that they get something a lot more serious than the weaksauce wrist-slapping and rather anemic pace of investigation that has characterized the response. It is clear that the assorted traitors and seditionists of Jan 6 have been treated manifestly unfairly; and sharply in their favor.

38 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and say that the influential people telling people not to go are just covering for the fact that no one was going to go anyway. This way they get to claim victory for low attendance…

15 Likes

Either way this unfolds, the fact that they (qnuts kkkpublicans tRumpers) are doing this twice in the same year is another black eye for our Nation.

12 Likes

Maldito Wussolini made a lot of money by crying out to his fanbase to give him $$ in order to help him fight the unfair election results. Could he use that money and help his supporters who are, in turn, treated unfairly? No… tots n players, sorry I mean thoughts and prayers.
A con man he was, a con man he is, a con man he will always be.
Putting the con in conservative.

12 Likes

??? So they’re having this some other year?

4 Likes

He will become president on September 16 2023

3 Likes

I guess this means we can probably expect a “Justice for the September 18 Rioters” rally by some time early this Summer.

11 Likes

I meant “a bad thing” as in something to be condemned when it happens to their side. They love to see their enemies persecuted, and they love to believe that they are persecuted victims

5 Likes

Perhaps as a temporary safety measure for “homeland” (gads i hate that term) security, they could establish a set of bots which inundate the usual facebook/8chan-ish channels with variations on:

• “Special alert! Don’t go to the <date_template> take back the nation rally it’s a false flag event!! --Q”
  • “Facial recognition everywhere at the <date_template> stop the steal rally! Rip off your nose before assembling!”
  • “Don’t listen to any messages here from Q they’re false flags from the NSA and so’s the <date_template> rally!”
  • “All <date_template> rally notices come from some homeland security bots, ignore 'em!”
  • etc

-sigh- ("…wait. are you say’n that Q ain’t a NSA construct??")

11 Likes

Trump won’t show up for the rally, though. He doesn’t want to be associated with these guilty people.

And the event today? I hope they have the national guard, swat team with snipers, the whole 9 yards. You know, the kind of reception they give when Black people show up.

13 Likes

FTFY­

12 Likes

Yeah, after saying he’d be right there with them last time I see he’s put a different spin on his comments. The “hearts and minds” nonsense is just another version of their favorite sympathy platitude. We know from experience that GOP/GQP leaders tend to keep theirs in panic rooms and bunkers.

11 Likes

Well, that too.

It’s interesting that even the GQP members who have been active in demanding the releases of the “J6” arrestees aren’t going to show up at this, even after other events they’ve done about it. Maybe they don’t want to participate when they’re not the focus, but it sure seems like this event in particular is making them very nervous.

8 Likes