Trump says Joe Rogan should "stop apologizing" to "Radical Left maniacs and lunatics"

snl season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

He didn’t apologize out of any kind of change of heart, because he would have rejected all that shit he was pushing years ago if that were the case. He only apologized because there was public pressure…

:woman_shrugging:

25 Likes

Fuck Joe Rogan and the podcast he rode in on.

26 Likes

Lady Gaga Ok GIF

19 Likes

Ew no; I hope that fucker never gets laid again.

19 Likes

Because I like to believe people can fix themselves.

It doesn’t matter if public pressure is the thing that helps them improve, just like it doesn’t matter if a drug addict kicked only because they had a near death OD. What matters is making the world better.

I don’t want to be hating people.

1 Like

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

16 Likes

If it was a couple slips, it would still be horrendous behavior, but with some room for redemption with commitment to make meaningful amends.

Rogan said it on camera over a hundred times and they weren’t just throw-aways; they were mostly in the context of pretty foul racism. So it takes much more than an apology, regardless of whether it’s heartfelt, for him to atone for such damaging racism. It’s going to take effort over years to repair that damage (that took effort over years to cause in the first place).

ETA: if he really meant it, he would take a multi-year hiatus from his show and use his significant resources to promote anti-racist programs and causes; to get his hands into understanding the problem and working diligently to solve them. And keep going until he reached the point that he had genuinely sacrificed for it.

Then he might have claim to ask for forgiveness.

21 Likes

I would like to go on record as stating that I never mean these things literally.

13 Likes

I don’t think he’s fixing himself, I believe he’s making excuses…

I don’t hate him, but I do believe he’s making the world a much worse place by his actions. I just want him to go away and stop being a cultural force that pushing racism, medical misinformation that’s killing people, climate misinformation that is hurting out chances at saving ourselves, not to mention his transphobia… I don’t know why opposing all that shit is “hateful” all of a sudden.

But I’d suggest listening to the video I posted, which lays out all the problems with what he’s being doing with regards to race while taking his apology seriously.

17 Likes

At the end of the ‘Planet of the Apes’ comment, Rogan himself even verbally acknowledges what he’d just said was racist.

Unfuck that guy forever…

21 Likes

22 Likes

And you should give credit for people who try, but I’m not sure this is at all what that looks like. I don’t want to hate people either, but I will when they try to hurt my friends. And Rogan is hurting a lot of people without apparent remorse.

23 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This includes the entire planet, due to his promoting of scientific misinformation on health and climate change in addition to his racism, misogyny, and transphobia…

24 Likes

I don’t disagree with this. I said “some” credit, that doesn’t mean I have completely forgiven him, which is very clear in my statement.

Comparably, I like to believe a criminal who has done their time can return to society and be productive. What it will take for Rogan to redeem himself I don’t know. I do agree it will take a lot more than an apology.

Easy: Apologizing us what people should do if they say something that’s not nice about him.

I hate this timeline, truly.

21 Likes

Me Too Samesies GIF

18 Likes

And I still want to know what @codinghorror did to make the site act so wonky when it comes to gifs.

>_<

12 Likes

Good Question GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

15 Likes

He should go on a silent spiritual retreat with Pope Benedict and return when he’s completed repairs. Maybe in say - ten years.

10 Likes