Trump says Joe Rogan should "stop apologizing" to "Radical Left maniacs and lunatics"

Why? He has done nothing to earn any credit whatsoever. His misinformation is literally killing people. He has morphed into a caricature of a rightist “Just Asking Questions” asshat. He has let his racist asshole flag fly. Credit? None. At all. Zip. And that’s more than he deserves.

22 Likes

“Joe Rogan follows a strict fitness routine and spends a few hours in the gym every day. He also injects himself with testosterone and human growth hormone every week to improve his health. He takes the focus improving drug, Nuvigil to keep himself energetic and focus throughout the day.“

A ‘roid raging, low testosterone, racist, transphobic science denying speed freak is no way to go through life, son.

Maybe detox on your retreat.

28 Likes

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

21 Likes

I’ve had this debate on bbs before. For whatever reason I am willing to believe even the most heinous people can change, maybe it’s the last vestige of optimism left in me. I am not defending their horrible words or deeds. I once described Joe Rogan as “open minded to the point his brain falls out”, so I can look at this apology and think maybe he has the potential to change. Someone like Trump is beyond hope.

Nobody said he can’t. We said he’s not, and giving people credit with no effort is only going to ensure that they won’t.

19 Likes

I have to admit, my ability to empathize or sympathize with nitwits like Rogan has worn away to nothing. I have no fucks left to give for him and his ilk. I will reserve mine for those who are victims of his misinformation and bullshit, while he revels in $100 mil contract. That should be plenty to fill the hole where his soul used to be.

21 Likes

Hell Yeah Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It’s not like it was somehow impossible for him to know that the bullshit he was regularly pushing wasn’t going to have real world consequences for others… Again, he’s only “apologizing” because there is pressure on him. If he were seriously contrite, he would have done so years ago and pulled down the offensive episodes…

But hey… he’s white dude, so he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt, I guess… :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

An entire fucking political party thinks that apologizing for using the N-word (not even NOT using it, merely acknowledging that already using it was wrong) is “lunatic” and makes you look weak. It’s like the civil rights movement never even happened to these people- they are living in an entirely different era and reality from everyone else, anachronisms who don’t belong and cannot be allowed to exist indefinitely, lest they drag the rest of society back to the days of lynching, Jim Crow laws and sundown towns. Even the progress we have made is half-assed, but that’s still too much for these assholes to handle or tolerate.

12 Likes

They can. The question is have they? I don’t give them credit for something they haven’t evidenced sincerely- and consistently.

And for some things that effect me directly- don’t expect me to offer them absolution. Find it elsewhere.

Things are different when you have skin in the game & it’s not just an interesting philosophical question.

21 Likes

5 Likes

A rich and famous white dude. Such men are often extra insulated from the consequences of their actions, which means it is up to people to be extra patient and understanding while they endure them.

15 Likes

Oh well! We KNOW he has nothing but the best of intentions! /s

Pop Tv Yes GIF by Schitt's Creek

We’ve been having this conversation for several years now, but some people seem unable to grok that.

16 Likes

To use the Malcolm X analogy of the knife: I’m hesitant to give Rogan any credit at all when all he’s done is contemplate how the knife has hurt him.

23 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if people like Neil Young and India Arie had not spoken up…

20 Likes

Rogan is not even trying; just making fake apologies and piss poor excuses.

It’s weird how POC almost never seem to merit this same level of sympathy, no matter what we do…

18 Likes

And there are so many to choose from!

6 Likes

i’ve got a bet going with a couple of friends that the death-cult national committee is going to demand that joe rogan moderate one of the presidential debates in 2024. i think my money is safe. if you think up the worst possible optics for a political party and then find a way to make it worse, that’s going to be the death-cult position.

17 Likes
20 Likes

I knew there was a reason I liked Paste magazine…

13 Likes

Except hasn’t the RNC talked about not doing debates at all in 2024?

12 Likes