Trump says Joe Rogan should "stop apologizing" to "Radical Left maniacs and lunatics"

The only words I want to hear from the Former guy are either:
“I plead guilty to all charges” or
“Goodbye cruel world”

12 Likes

Denying responsibility for his own actions intensifies!

18 Likes

Betcha he takes that offer from the Nazis.

10 Likes

It wasn’t him - those were crisis voice actors!

10 Likes

That bit of Rogan screaming about fake apes is truly bizarre.

16 Likes

[sometimes the gifs you post don’t show up in my firefox, even after disabling adblockers. :woman_shrugging: ]

2 Likes

Apologizing for past mistakes is “weak”? Taking stock of past activities and trying to learn from them and change is pretty strong. Whether Rogan is actually contrite is something that only his future activities can confirm.

7 Likes

Stop giving him air.

2 Likes

… and publicity.

1 Like

you’re right about that although much of the supposed rationale was because of the “bias” on the part of the moderators. i don’t know if they’d have such qualms about rogan.

7 Likes

I think you need to be telling that to spotify, not us. We’re not the one giving him air…

11 Likes

Backpfeifengesicht - a face in need of a fist

6 Likes

rees-mogg needs that damned smirk smacked off its face, too, also.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Yup. Ignorant, assholic, evil bastards who “think” this is the 12th century, not the 21st. To hell with the lot of them.
Grumpy Anti

11 Likes

The site has been wonky a/f for a few months now…

8 Likes
2 Likes
14 Likes

Personally, I’d rather not create yet another term. We already have enough to cover situations and people like this. These two things FTA jumped out at me:

a fear which often plagues Black folks: That a high-profile person, who claims to be non-racist and an ally to people of color, may actually be the opposite.

thanks to attributional ambiguity, Black people now must wonder if Rogan is secretly racist. Or if he’s racist but unable to admit it to himself. Or if he has learned from his public humiliation and is ready to behave differently. Same with women and sexism.

The fear is less about the celebs and more about their fans. The ability to influence others to emulate stereotypical or racist words and deeds is what scares most of us. Some fans cannot understand being entertained by someone or considering them to be likeable doesn’t mean they are good people, incapable of doing anything wrong.

Also, there’s nothing ambiguous about this to me. He showed his true colors multiple times, so I don’t have to wonder. It doesn’t seem fair to me that the proposed solution is subjecting marginalized people to his presence or asking them to spend their time supporting his fauxpology and redemption tour. I prefer action to make the company regret every nickel of that $100 million dollars while crafting a cautionary tale for other media outlets who provide bigots with a megaphone or microphone.

Silo Nah Bro GIF by AXE South Africa

13 Likes

“It’s time for Rogan to more prominently feature the voices of marginalized people – especially Black people and women. It’s time for him to talk frankly and often about why he screwed up and how it feeds into the systemic racism and sexism which damages America. It’s time for him to do a better job of vetting and challenging guests to his podcast trapped in their own cycles of bigotry denial syndrome.”

I like how Eric Deggans thinks.

10 Likes