Trump slinks away, leaves Medal of Freedom recipient awkwardly hanging

I think I’m supposed to feel Dan Gable here, but this is part of why I don’t. He let himself be used for PR purposes for this president, and - as you just pointed out - helped to normalize the harmful message that masks should not be worn. Especially given Trump’s past criteria (they said something nice about him), there’s more honor in refusing this award from this president than in accepting it.

7 Likes

¯\__(ツ)_/¯ He’s Gone.

Like Megan Rapinoe, after winning the World Cup in 2019:

18 Likes

They fucked that up too.

Pre Melania on the left. Shitheads (plural, no apostrophe intended) design to the right.

Not even those guys wanna hang out there any longer.

5 Likes

Melania really hates color and diversity. We saw the same thing during her Christmas decorating.

9 Likes

Not a priority, but hope they steadfastly remove all changes made to the WH.

4 Likes

megan-rapinoe-celebrating-team-usa-world-cup

13 Likes

The possessive plural would be " shitheads’ " with the apostrophe after the s.

4 Likes

I know nothing about Gable as a person, but with that WTF reaction he earned that medal.

4 Likes

No, but they could just stop talking about him at all. I don’t see that happening either, but I sure wish the media would stop indulging his attention whoring.

6 Likes

I think that’s unrealistic. I mean, even before his political career, he’s owned properties, and has had multiple marriages. Both of those things are really extraordinary - how could they ever ignore that?!

1 Like

It used to be that the real value of public radio/TV was that they didn’t depend in attracting ears/eyeballs, so it solved the problem of clickbait journalism. Even NPR is no longer immune to the effects, though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.