Trump slinks away, leaves Medal of Freedom recipient awkwardly hanging

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/08/trump-slinks-away-leaves-medal-of-freedom-recipient-awkwardly-hanging.html

5 Likes

He’s a coward. I mean, really. There’s nothing more than can be said.

This is the toddler equivalent of covering your eyes to become invisible.

37 Likes

I love Gable’s gesture. “Does that make me President now?”

Biff is, as are all bullies, a childish coward who’ll deny any responsibility for the havoc he wreaks.

37 Likes

It speaks poorly of you when you leave the presence of a wrestling coach before Jim Jordan does.

8 Likes

What a shame that Gable didn’t give Trump a Full German Suplex.

3 Likes

Trump was probably wondering why he was wasting his time meeting a wrestler who didn’t even appear on WWE.

27 Likes

Dan should ask for a do-over… after Jan 20.

3 Likes

“Slithered” out? More like “lumbered.” “Slithering” implies some form of dexterity.

12 Likes

Trump never really wanted to do the work of being president, he just wanted the bragging rights of being president.

Now he will be out of office and have some of the benefits and few of the headaches-- he can claim to be the leader of the GOP, keep holding rallies for a 2024 run, stay in the spotlight, preach that Biden took power in a coup, and act like the leader of the political opposition in a South American dictatorship. “Return America to Greatness!!” blah blah blah.

We all just want the guy to go away, even a lot of Republicans want him to go away, but he’s a parasite that feeds on attention, a vampire that eats our psychic energy like in an old episode of Star Trek, he can keep “winning” in his own mind as long as he can keep the GOP in his grasp like a warlord ruling a burned out city.

30 Likes

I think you nailed it there. He now gets to be called “President Trump” for the rest of his life.

(I would love it if the American media decided en masse not to extend him that traditional courtesy, but I don’t really see it happening.)

20 Likes

May that be a very short span of time.

15 Likes

Fat Donny’s “Thank you very much” at the end says it all. The event was all about him.

7 Likes

I think the question from the reporter really scared him off.

“Mr. President, a question about the inauguration.” (Trump exits stage left.)

5 Likes

Why anyone is still willing to meet with that walking petri dish is beyond me:

21 Likes

I mean they were just crowded in there, and nobody was allowed to be in-frame with a mask on.

8 Likes

You’d think they’d have some outdoor heaters and be able to do that sort of thing in the Rose Garden.

1 Like

Something goes well: “It was all me! I did everything!”

Something goes badly: “I take no responsibility”

10 Likes

No doubt he shat himself again and needed a diaper change.

5 Likes

President *** Donald Trump:

• Placed in office by a minority of American Voters.
  • Impeached during his single term of office.
  • Was largely responsible for the death of over a quarter of a million American Citizens due to arrogance and ego.

This should appear on a historical marker placed beside his grave. And on the unpainted travel trailer that will inevitably become his Presidential Library.

16 Likes

2021 to 2017 BCE?